What's new

After non grabby, non tuggy pomade

Hi all
I am getting into pomades and having some issues finding the right one, I much prefer water based as oil based just does not leave my hair even with dish soap.
Am after some suggestions for a non grabby pomade, a firm hold would be good but my priority at the moment is non grabby so I am happy to settle for a medium hold if it achieves this. I have Reuzel blue at the moment which is a good pomade but it seems to tug and pull something fierce if i am not careful, any suggestions for something that does not do this?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hi i think i know what you mean. Try reuzel red. I like uppercut. Woodys. Imperial matte paste. To name a few!

I've been using the Rumble 59 Schmiere Medium Hold lately. Water-based, smells nice (they have a few different scents), and comes in a pretty huge tin that lasts a long time.

Suavecito Premium Blends is one of the smoothest and easiest to style water based pomades I have used. It's an unorthodox water based, so it remains soft and not crunchy.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have found an unlikely solution for now in the form of hair cream and the lightness of it means I can get an impressive amount of volume, I will more than likely return to pomades once the winter weather kicks in properly and I need something stronger.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Do you rub your hands together to warm up the pomade before applying? That works for me, even with Murray’s Superior.

I got a Charlie Dapper Gel in a sample that work really well. I am not sure what your thoughts are on gels but it is worth checking out.

Hi all
I am getting into pomades and having some issues finding the right one, I much prefer water based as oil based just does not leave my hair even with dish soap.
Am after some suggestions for a non grabby pomade, a firm hold would be good but my priority at the moment is non grabby so I am happy to settle for a medium hold if it achieves this. I have Reuzel blue at the moment which is a good pomade but it seems to tug and pull something fierce if i am not careful, any suggestions for something that does not do this?

Hello
I stumbled onto a "Thickening Fiber Paste" by Woodley. It was on sale at T.J. Max. The product is advertised for fine or thinning hair. Performance is rated as (Medium hold/matte finish) The scent is very light. Information on the product is hard to find. The only spot I found info was at www.jocottbrands.com

This product is working great for my fine straight hair. I would be very interested in finding a similar product that is easier to get. I think that this product might be out of production.
MM879

Top Bottom