Razor: 1980's Fatip Classic
Blade: Bolzano (7)
Brush: Whipped Dog HMB
Soap: BOSC Special Reserve
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Gold Splash
rsz_053.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Brit #15, Personna Red (2), SV, Skin Bracer. This is one efficient razor!

Attachments

• DCC48B7D-5B2A-481C-B9B8-9FA9621BC5F8.jpeg
    DCC48B7D-5B2A-481C-B9B8-9FA9621BC5F8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Renegade Pre-Shave Oil
Tabac, lathered with my 30mm Synth
Timeless 95 OC
Rapira Plat Lux (5th)
Mentholated Witch Hazel containing a small amount of Old Spice type scent oil
Tabac AS
Tabac Post-Shave Balm

OCtober shave 11
Thick-cap single ring Old Type
Nacet (3)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
Razorock P.160 soap
Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

Star 1902 Lather Catcher on Damaskeene handle
Gem Stainless

I used the Star with a handle from a Damaskeene. The handle I got with the razor is a small very light weight wooden handle, that I believe was homemade possibly made from parts of the original. This handle gives it a much better feel and balance. Still not the easiest head shaver, but workable.
P1060789(rc1rs).jpg

October 16th

Gillette New SC
Gillette Platinum
SOC 2 band badger
Proraso Wood and Spice cream
Proraso red aftershave

Charcoal Goods L2 with maze 1 handle today. I also have an L3 plate and may use that one over the next 3 days as well. Run with a Bic blade, Haslinger coconut soap and a Semogue brush.

IMG_2336.JPG

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: No name boar.
Soap: Homemade tallow/shea
Mug: Antique milk glass shave mug
A/S: Clubman

On deck for tomorrow, Gillette New SC

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: No name boar.
Soap: Homemade tallow/shea
Mug: Antique milk glass shave mug
A/S: Clubman

On deck for tomorrow, Gillette New SC
That sounds like a good shave - the one you just described for yesterday i.e. this one.
I really love the Piccolo - it's waking up blades for me that I always thought were awful.
However...today I used a Croma Diamant (if it doesn't get better it won't see another shave...I've used it before in the Rockwell 6c and the Wilkinson Sword Classic...every time a failure until today - but even so barely a DFS.)
It did just about manage a DFS - with a lot of work - but basically I think that the Croma Diamant is a blunt blade. YMMV.

Last edited:
That sounds like a good shave - the one you just described for yesterday i.e. this one.
I really love the Piccolo - it's waking up blades for me that I always thought were awful.
However...today I used a Croma Diamant (if it doesn't get better it won't see another shave...I've used it before in the Rockwell 6c and the Wilkinson Sword Classic...every time a failure until today - but even so barely a DFS.)
It did just about manage a DFS - with a lot of work - but basically I think that the Croma Diamant is a blunt blade. YMMV.

Yep, is was a good shave. My Fatips always work well. I have the Piccolo and the Testina. All brass, affordable and to me, they look vintage. Never used a Croma Diamant, or seen one for that matter. Years ago I did the typical blade sample pack and settled on the Astra SP daily and an occasional Feather. Liked the Red IPs but they became hard to find and when I did, they were not consistent so I just stuck with Astras and Feathers.

OCtober 16, 2018

THE Single Ring & Voshkod Teflon #2
Yaqi Tuxedo 30mm
Shannon’s Soaps Lady Luck
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
M&R Rose Water tonic
Shannon’s Soaps Lady Luck A/S splash
59451DBA-F82D-49E7-A128-661194BE3405.jpeg

OCtober 16

Kampfe Star 1902. This is a great shaver that is at its best when shaving with the wedge blades. It can also use the modern Gem blades, but you lose the whole effect. Loaded it with the Kampfe Star wedge blade, which gave a great three pass DFS.

@troy - Great minds think alike. ;-)

16.JPG

OCtober 16 - another walk on the mild side

Razor: Merkur 15C
Blade: Astra SP (6)
Soap: Ooh ooh! My local 100 year old pharmacy is once again in stock with Williams Mug. Gotta lay down the $1.19 and try it out after a 10 or 15 year break.
Brush: Vulfix boar

The Williams whipped up quickly in a coffee mug using the local extremely soft Bull Run water. Maybe 45 years of shaving in the rain fed Pacific NW is the reason I still believe in Williams (but use Cella and Arko). Nice two pass DFS with no complaints from the neck. Back in business! That 15C may not be on trend, but it is a capital S Safety razor.

Razor: Yaqi double open comb with Muhle R89 grande handle
Blade: Derby extra (1)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword
Cream: Taylor's of Old Bond Street luxury
Aftershave Balm: Body Shop White Musk
Aftershave: Hoop Homme
IMG_20181017_070607740.jpg

Hi,

Day 17, Shave 17: Fasan DoubleSlant plus Old Type Thin Cap.

WTG and XTG with the Fasan, ATG with the OT. Gives me two extra hours come the end of the day. ;)

Stan

Top Bottom