What's new

Experience with Jack's black beard lube?

I've been looking for a good pre shave and also a clear shave lube to use after my main shave with my shavette to edge up my beard lines. And Jack blacks beard lube looks like it could do both so experiences? Comments?

This might be one of those things where it is up to you to sort it out for the rest of us! I have seen Jack Black around but it is out of my price range.

I used to use it years ago when it was billed as a substitute for shave cream. It was really good and slick, but ridiculously expensive compared to using a pre-shave oil and a great shave cream such as TOBS or T&H. I would recommend creating your own pre-shave using some of the information in the pre-shave thread.

I used to use it years ago when it was billed as a substitute for shave cream. It was really good and slick, but ridiculously expensive compared to using a pre-shave oil and a great shave cream such as TOBS or T&H. I would recommend creating your own pre-shave using some of the information in the pre-shave thread.
Yeah, for $35.00 you can get a very nice vintage Gillette or one or two really nice tubs of shave soap. It seems like an Art of Shaving product: a lot of money when you could by something from an artisan who really knows what they're doing.

I've used Beard Lube as a pre-shave for a few years, and really like it. It does a good job holding moisture on my face while I build a lather. It is expensive, but I only need 3-4 pumps per shave, so one bottle lasts about 6 months.

I have used this, but honestly I think Dr Carver's Easy Shave Butter from Dollar Shave Club does a better job for me, with a more affordable price point. Plus now you can order a tube without staying on a monthly subscription.

I think a small amount of Cremo or other non-lathering cream would do the trick for beard edging?
You might also try Shave Secret oil.
If you are really set on trying Jack Black Beard Lube, I believe I have a sample packet of it I'd be happy to send your way. I wonder if you could contact the company and get one of these little sample packets?
Good luck!

Top Bottom