What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I just added a few very nice brushes to my site at www.eliterazor.com. The first 2 are listed under the Specialty Brushes section.

Stainless Steel - 28mm

I've had this piece in my shop for a couple of years and finally decided to take it on.

proxy.php

Carbon and Steel - (24 - 26mm)

This is very similar to Damascus Steel, but with a bit more Carbon.

proxy.php

Brilliant Bronze Resin - (24 - 26mm)

proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

Wowzers Bob! Knockin' em out of the park here!! I thought I was on a spending freeze but that could end abruptly...
I just added a few very nice brushes to my site at www.eliterazor.com. The first 2 are listed under the Specialty Brushes section.

Stainless Steel - 28mm

I've had this piece in my shop for a couple of years and finally decided to take it on.

proxy.php

Carbon and Steel - (24 - 26mm)

This is very similar to Damascus Steel, but with a bit more Carbon.

proxy.php

Brilliant Bronze Resin - (24 - 26mm)

proxy.php

Bob

I've got a few new brushes that have just been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

Azurite and Malachite - (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Green and Transparent Blue resin - (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Barber Pole - (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Malachite - (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Black and Copper - (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Silver Flecked Black and White - (24 - 26mm) If you look closely, there are hints of dark blue within the black handle
proxy.php

Silver Flecked Black Resin and Blue Lapis - (24 - 26mm

I've seen quite a number of "Hybrid" brushes recently, primarily wood and resin, and I thought I would give a stone and resin hybrid a shot. The Blue Lapis runs all the way through the handle.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Bob

The knot fairy arrived at my house today and stocked me up with Premium knots in all sizes. Below are a couple of new brushes to host these wonderful knots.

proxy.php

Green, Blue and iridescent Purple (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Green and transparent Blue (24mm)
proxy.php

Black Gold (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

I got back to my roots, so to speak, and completed a few very nice wood pieces. These are listed and available on my site atwww.eliterazor.com.

Black Walnut Burl (24 - 26mm

Black Walnut burl grows widely throughout North America along areas of the East Coast from Florida to Maine. Walnut sapwood is very creamy white in color, while the heartwood, which ranges in color from light to a rich, dark brown, and matures to an almost purplish-black hue. Walnut often carries characteristically dark brown or purplish streaks. In order to minimize the color contrast of sapwood, walnut is often steamed at the mill. Walnut is a popular wood for high-end furniture and cabinets, especially in combination with lighter woods to produce decorative effects. In the United States, it is the standard wood for rifle butts and gun stocks.

proxy.php

Amboyna Burl (24 - 26mm)

Amboyna burl is found in Indonesia, especially on the Andaman group of islands. Amboyna burl is one of the rarest & most expensive woods in the world. The burly part of the log is often very small, yielding only wood in small dimensions. The color ranges from deep yellow orange to deep red and after finishing Amboyna burl reveals a depth & liveliness in color like found in no other. Amboyna burl was a popular, frequently used wood in the Jugendstil epoch in the twenties. It was also the first burl wood to be used by Rolls Royce for dashboards.

proxy.php

Barber Pole Razor Handle

The handle is made from separate pieces of dyed Box Elder and natural American Holly and arranged to depict the traditional Barber’s Pole. These individual pieces were laser-cut to exacting tolerances then assembled by hand in order to create this piece.The modern Barber’s Pole originated in the day when blood-letting was one of the principal duties of the barbering trade. The two spiral ribbons painted around the pole represented two long bandages, one twisted around the arm before bleeding (to make the vein stand out), and the other used to bind it afterwards. The first European poles contained only red and white stripes and some historians credit the blue stripe on the American poles as having been transported from blue and white bands on English poles of the 1700’s. Other authorities say that American barbers added the blue stripe to their red and white poles as a patriotic gesture.

proxy.php

Bob

I just finished a couple of new handles that have my redesigned stainless steel components. These new tail pieces will allow the razor to stand upright on its base.

From left to right is the Skull and Crossbones, Barber Pole and a Honeycomb handle. These are all made of separate pieces of laser-cut wood to create these designs.
proxy.php

Bob

I don't come across Teak burl very often and was fortunate to get a piece large enough to build these three matching pieces.

proxy.php

Bob

This one is a real beauty. Just listed - 28mm Blue Lapis brush with veins of Pyrite running through it.

proxy.php

Bob

Remember hot rods? This might be the razor handle for you. It is made of separate pieces of dyed Maple that were laser cut to depict a flame design. I have just listed 2 of these handles on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

proxy.php

Bob

This brush just came out of the shop this morning. It is made of Irish Bog Oak and is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

The boglands of Ireland are a vast living treasure trove for precious and unique material. Bog wood, more ancient than the pyramids of Egypt, has been naturally preserved, and has lain hidden for over 5,000 years. Radiocarbon dating at Queen’s University, Belfast confirms: “In providing dates along with sculptured wood, you can safely say, in the case of bog oak, the date of growth of the wood is between 3300 and 3600 BC”. There are many folk legends surrounding the old bog sites of Ireland, especially during the hours of darkness: it was, and perhaps still is, a commonly held belief that when the mist enveloped the bog and the blue flame (from static electricity), danced across the surface at dusk, it was a sure indication that “the little” people were cooking their supper.

proxy.php

Bob

The brushes shown below have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

From left to right, they are:

26mm Buckeye burl, 26mm Blue Lapis with Pyrite over Black Ash burl and a 24mm two-tone Amboyna burl.

proxy.php

Bob

First and foremost, I wish you all a very happy holiday season. This brush has just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

28mm Fire and Ice

The movement of the coloring in this brush handle is amazing.
proxy.php

Bob

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

I have just launched my newly updated website this morning and I invite you all to visit. It is still found at www.eliterazor.com.

The three brushes shown below have been listed and are available on my site.

Bloody Basin Jasper (24 - 26mm)

Bloody Basin Jasper is associated with the Zodiac sign of Taurus. Red Jasper was a much sought after gem in the very ancient times and today it is used for aesthetic as well as industrial purposes. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone”. The color of Jasper ranges from red to shades of brown due to the presence of ferric oxide. But with the combination of other minerals it gets a colorful, banded appearance. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Bloody Basin Jasper stone is named for the mine in which it is found. It is native to Arizona and is prized for its' deep crimson tone with jet black veins.

proxy.php

Amboyna Burl (26mm)

Amboyna burl is found in Indonesia, especially on the Andaman group of islands. Amboyna burl is one of the rarest & most expensive woods in the world. The burly part of the log is often very small, yielding only wood in small dimensions. The color ranges from deep yellow orange to deep red and after finishing Amboyna burl reveals a depth & liveliness in color like found in no other. Amboyna burl was a popular, frequently used wood in the Jugendstil epoch in the twenties. It was also the first burl wood to be used by Rolls Royce for dashboards.

proxy.php

Azurite with Malachite (24 - 26mm)

Azurite is an intense deep blue color and often occurs with Malachite. Different sources claim the name is derived from the Persian word lazhward or from the Arabic word azul, both of which mean blue. Azurite is found in Australia, Chile, France, Mexico, Morocco, Nambia, the southwestern USA, and Zaire. For thousands of years this stone has been used in jewelry and ornamental objects. During the Middle Ages and Renaissance it was ground into pigment for use in paint and eye shadow. It is not known widely as a birthstone, but several references indicate it may have been used as a birthstone for the sign of Taurus. Azurite was sacred to the Egyptians who believed it was an aid to spiritual communication. Many believe that this stone helps to reduce anger and to increase psychic awareness. It is also thought to reduce abnormal cell growth, promote wisdom, and is used as an aid to relieve the pain of rheumatism.

proxy.php

Bob

Top Bottom