What's new

How do you carry your large cell phone?

A 5.5 inch screen according to me is large. The phone I've had for the last few years can fit in my breast pocket.
So, I was just wondering, how do you guys carry a 5.5 (or larger) cell phone?
Thanks,
Duggo

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I'm curious too. I have avoided the larger "plus" size phones mainly for this reason, no where to carry it.

I carry the LG V20 with a slimline case with no issues in my front pocket (jeans or cargo pants), I have been using large screen phone for the last 6 years so they seem pretty normal to me now.

I don't. I leave it in the car usually but I have two phones and the other one isn't a smartphone so it's smaller. That's the one I carry with me.

I have some outdoor pants that have regular pockets and then cargo pockets below those. If I'm wearing those kinds of pants I could carry my larger phone in the cargo pockets but I generally don't carry the larger phone on my person.

I'm not a big phone person, as you can tell. :)

Uncomfortably.

I just bought a new Nokia 6 2018 version in May and to be honest, I don't care for it. The main issues are the overall size and slightly sharp edges. It has the 5.5 inch screen. And it is just big enough to feel bulky in my front pocket. I have a couple of pieces of clothing that have a utility pocket that holds it okay but honestly, I would rather carry a five inch model and my 7 inch tablet in a pouch/bag when needed. I don't do any 'work' on a phone though so employment concerns are not a factor.

Mi Max which is 6.44" in my trouser front pocket no issues. It's been muscle movement now to involuntarily remove the phone as I sit.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have a Samsung S9 with a 5.8" screen. I really have no problem carrying it in the back pocket of my jeans, front pocket of slacks or shorts, or a shirt breast pocket.

I only put less than 45 minutes per YEAR on my tracfone...Recently upgraded to a modern 5.5 inch screen cell phone...way too heavy to lug around all day, so I returned it and kept my old one...Next contract I'm going with a tiny old fashioned "flip-Phone" that weighs almost nothing and serves the purposes I need...

proxy.php

I cracked the screen of an iPhone Plus by putting it in my rear pocket. So I bought the above case.

Cargo pockets. Carhart jeans have a cell pocket just barely big enough. A leather holster when neither of the above two am I wearing.

Work trousers come with pockets on the sides for phones but my own clothes, just put my moto g6plus 5.9" in the front or back pocket.

In my hand. I wear fitted, not skinny, jeans and trousers. They fit in the pockets but it's not comfortable. God forbid I bend down to tie my shoes, I feel like I'm snapping the phone in half.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Shirt pocket most of the time. Front left pants pocket if I'm wearing a pocketless shirt . . . though I usually take it out if I'm sitting.

I only put less than 45 minutes per YEAR on my tracfone...Recently upgraded to a modern 5.5 inch screen cell phone...way too heavy to lug around all day, so I returned it and kept my old one...Next contract I'm going with a tiny old fashioned "flip-Phone" that weighs almost nothing and serves the purposes I need...
Sounds like my wife’s usage. She uses prepay from T-Mobile that gives her the entire year usage for, I think, $50. Still carries her iPhone-4. To be honest, we are both retired and are usually together so we would generally use my iPhone-6. Only a few people know our cell numbers, and we don’t generally answer if we don’t recognize the caller ID / number.

Top Bottom