What's new

Bourbon + Root Beer

Recently, I read an article on liquor.com in which the author mentioned that she tried and liked bourbon mixed with root beer. At first, I was aghast about that combo. When she mentioned that bartenders at some noted bars (e.g., lead bartender at the Venetian Hotel is Las Vegas, among others) I thought I would try it. It surprised me. It gives the bourbon an interesting twist to it. I mixed 2 ounces of Wild Turkey 101 with A&W Root Beer.

Add in a scoop if vanilla ice cream?

Never have cared for soda pop mixed drinks, or most any sweet drink for that matter. Will have to give this a shot though, just to say I tried it.

Ive seen some bars have that. Ive personally never tried it as I dont like bourbon but if a person liked it, I could see how those 2 would go well together.

The real trick is to get top shelf root beers to mix with. Get a bottle of that sarsaparilla they sell over in Tombstone, I bet it would be delicious.

I recall mixing "Everclear" with A&W Cream Soda (the caramel coloured version of cream soda!) when it was still available in the late 80s, early 90s. It was not without it's charm. I found it tasty. Tequila and original Mountain Dew was another combo that was surprisingly tasty. Ahhh...! To be young again and unafraid to try strange things!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've mixed Captain Morgan with cream soda (I think it may have been A&W). It was pretty good, but a particular night struck that one from the menu forever.

Found us at Sprouts last night, so I grabbed some Hanson's Root Beer. I guess it is a tolerable drink, by the time I finished the first glass I was wanting a second. Not sure I will pour it very often.

I recall mixing "Everclear" with A&W Cream Soda (the caramel coloured version of cream soda!) when it was still available in the late 80s, early 90s. It was not without it's charm. I found it tasty. Tequila and original Mountain Dew was another combo that was surprisingly tasty. Ahhh...! To be young again and unafraid to try strange things!

Everclear and Canada dry ginger ale is good, I use diet too cut down on calories.

Many many years ago, Smirnoff hyped up a concoction called a “Charlie Burch”....vodka and rootbeer. Didn’t look good back then.
Still doesn’t.

Indeed, to be young again. Tequila and Orange Gatorade was a go-to in college.

A guy I used to race stockers with was a Yukon Jack fiend. 50-50 with Mt Dew got us through many a long night rebuilding the car.

This weekend some neighbors all got together. We all brought our own liquor and mixers. Here's a list of some of the drinks they had:
  • Vodka and Dr. Pepper. She added a tsp of lemon juice and one cherry.
  • Bourbon and Diet Coke with a lemon twist.
  • Tequila with lemon juice and ginger ale.
  • Rye and Ginger ale.
  • Old Fashion.
  • Crown Royal on the rocks.
  • Glenlivet straight.
  • Assorted wines and beer.
What surprised me was that only one person of the 15 had a vodka drink.

You want a good after dinner drink try Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream and Root Beer! Be prepared it is extremely sweet, but mighty tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've mixed Captain Morgan with cream soda (I think it may have been A&W). It was pretty good, but a particular night struck that one from the menu forever.
I had one of those nights with the Captain as well. Don’t think I’ve touched it since, that and Southern Comfort still give me that involuntary shudder reaction.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Southern Comfort still give me that involuntary shudder reaction.

Yep. I had a bad night with that stuff, too. I didn't even want to think about it until a couple of years ago, when a bartender made up a drink that included it and named that drink after me (the "Oakey Doaky"). I really liked the drink, so we now keep a bottle in the house. :a17:

Top Bottom