What's new

The Graveyard!

Done! First generation RazoRock "The Freedberg" aftershave splash (aka Emperor)...

proxy.php

The Body Shop "Maca Root Shave Cream".
Maca Root done_cropped_6778.jpg

This was one of two tubs of it, but I gave the other one to my son while it was still 1/3 full. I think I had lost track of it, and bought another tub, then found the first one. Both were at least ten years old, and I dug them up two years ago when I took up DE shaving again. I also had two of their brushes, one of which I also gave to my son.
I thought it appropriate to use a Body Shop brush for the Goodbye Shave.

What me think of it: It's pretty good stuff for slickness and all, but the scent always seemed "beige" to me (if beige was a scent). I figure it was an attempt to make a bland and inoffensive "natural" scent, but they failed, IMO.
I originally bought it because I had good luck with their first formula, which they called "Mechanics For Men" shave cream. It had a bit more of a sandalwood-ish scent. And some parabens, which they dropped for the Maca Root formula.

Would I buy more?
Nope, partly because it's discontinued. I've already started on a tub of their 3rd generation shave cream, "Maca Root & Aloe". I don't notice much difference between them for performance, but I sure do like the scent better. More barbershop than candle shop.
I still have the empty "Mechanics For Men" tub.
proxy.php
I should do a "Three Generations Family Portrait" photo of all three.

It’ been a while since I posted in this thread ...
One jar of Geo. F. Trumper Lime SC.
One tube of Proraso Red SC.
One jar of Proraso Red Pre-shave cream.
One jar of Nancy Boy Blossomwood SC.
One jar of Nancy Boy Signature SC.
One bottle of Adidas Pulse AS.

I've been trying to kill off product, not totally succeeding yet... I used all samples during September as part of a Reddit thing and still only managed to dust a few of those.

Ive finished off a tube of proraso red but nothing else yet... Kinda like bottles of ink for my fountain pens... A lot of partial bottles and no doubt ill get more before i empty one... True for soaps and creams too!

@John Rose
I'm with you on the Maca Root.
I have used it 5 times and comes the afternoon my skin starts to itch. There is something in there that does not agree with me.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Two "green" products finished just a few days apart!

My Reuzel Green pomade is all done. I might replace it down the road (smells great and works wonderfully), but I have three other pomades to work through.
full

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Finished my puck of MWF.

I have way too much soap to be buying more to replenish supplies ... hopefully they still sell shave soap in 3018 ... but I think I may have a puck of Kent shave soap somewhere in my stash.

Top Bottom