What's new

Canadian Provinces you've been to

Which Canadian provinces have you visited?

• British Columbia

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Alberta

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Saskatchewan/Manitoba

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Ontario

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • Quebec

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • New Brunswick/PEI

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Nova Scotia

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Newfoundland

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Yukon

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • NWT/Nunavut

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
They are remarkably ignorant of their own country too! Most Kansasans wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on outside of thier town, county, or state.
Don't be too hard on them.
In the "Mr. Pot? Kettle on line #2" vein: when I was going to high school in the late '60s in Scarborough, Ontario, I told a neighbour kid that I was from Nova Scotia. His next question was "Do they have the same kind of money as us?" This was just after Centennial Year, with all its hoopla about Canada going on.

BC, Alberta, Ontario. I had dreams of taking the railway cross country but never got around to it. After I saw the movie Roxanne the charm of Nelson BC stuck with me, so when I bought my new '87 Integra I drove from LA to Vancouver, Nelson, and Lake Louise. Except for eastern Washington I loved every mile.

Toronto is cool too, some great record shops tbere were.

Grew up as a Military Brat.

Born in and live in Manitoba.
Have lived in Nova Scotia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario as well.

Have visited Quebec, P.E.I, B.C., Newfoundland and Labrador, and New Brunswick. Never been to the N.W.T’s. however.

One time I was in-line skating (roller blading) down the boardwalk at Newport Beach, CA. A guy stopped me and my group of friends and said “You boys are from Canada, aren’t you”? I asked how he could tell. He said “You have laces on your roller blades and you boys can skate”!

Our cab driver asked where we were from and we all advised of our respective cities. He hadn’t heard of any of them. He says “Isn’t Canada only like 4-500 miles wide”? We laughed and politely advised him no. He says “Ah ok. I’m originally from a place called Toronto, Ontario... you ever heard of it”?

[emoji55]

Great thread!

I lived in SK, but now live in NYC.

In the following weeks I'll add PEI and NS to the list, leaving NL, YT, NT and NU on the to-be-explored list.

Born and bred. Long may yer big jib draw!
Off to NB tomorrow and then on to NS/PEI. One step closer to the rock, but won't land there, unfortunately.

BTW, a public service announcement / Old Man Rant spill-over:

NL = newfin-LAND. Not New-FOUND-land....
SK = sas-KATCH-ewan. Not SAS-KATCH-E-WAN
Toronto = Ta-RAH-nah. Not tor-RON-TOE

For the Canucks:

MAY-erlund (well, merlin, according to them, but baby steps), not Mary-LAND
Arcan-SAW, not AR-CAN-sas

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
We just got back 2 weeks ago from 12 days driving from Toronto down through the Maritmes. Over 5,600km covered when all was said and done.

Top Bottom