What's new

Do you prefer an aggressive razor or a mild razor?

I like more agressive razors. Rockwell 6C with plates 5 or 6, and Maggard V3.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L21 using Tapatalk

When I shave with DEs I tend to lean towards the aggressive side, but certainly enjoy mild safety razors when I remember I have plenty of those, too.

After returning to a DE, I started out mild with a Merkur 34c, stayed mild with a 1957 Tech and then a 1957 Flare Tip Superspeed (both birth year razors). Results were good but I wanted even better and moved to Gillette NEW LC and SC razors which forced me to refine my technique and really learn about pressure and letting the razor do the work. A Fatboy and Slim snuck in there too. Next an Old Type and a Goodwill #164. The move to more aggressive razors coincided with improved techniques. My latest and currently best shaving razor for me is the very mild ATT Atlas M1. I now find that all of my razors give great results but counterintuitively one of the mildest shaves closest. It may help that I shave daily and rarely go more than 25 or 26 hours between shaves and have graying blonde hair (at least I still have hair at almost 61). My vote is for technique first. I no longer wonder why there are so many Tech and Feather AS-D2 fans.

Mild for me, Feather Popular was my daily driver until I acquired an AS-D2. Also use Rockwell 6C (plates 2 and 3) I use my Blue Tip some weekends for a DFS. Almost everyday shaver

Top Bottom