What's new

Wedding Day Shave

I actually opted to go with some stubble on my wedding day, so it wasn’t a full shave. I did do a little touch up on the edges with an Edwin jagger razor, astra platinum blade, and TOBS Mr. Taylor’s.

As it has been said before take your time with the shave.

Mine was a Schick injector with a cheap boar brush and a mug of Old Spice. Tomorrow is my 50th Anniversary, and I hope that on your 50th, you will be as happy as I am.

It was a little over 12 years ago but it was most likely a mach 3 and edge gel. For perspective I have been using a merkur 34c with mostly Williams mug soap for about 10 years.

Mine was a Schick injector with a cheap boar brush and a mug of Old Spice. Tomorrow is my 50th Anniversary, and I hope that on your 50th, you will be as happy as I am.
Happy anniversary a day early sir. I hope to celebrate 50 wonderful years with my bride. If we do, I’ll be 110!

Congratulations. What a great kit for a great occasion!

Personally, when I married, I was shaving poorly with Mach 3 and canned gel. Since shaving always turned my neck and half of my face red, I shaved the night before. That morning my best man handed me a yellow plastic bucket disposable and had me re shave dry.

I don’t know how or why, but that shave was smoother, closer, and more irritation free than any shave I’ve had before or since.

Wedding day shave kit? $0.79
Looking perfectly shaved at the alter? Priceless.

Thank you for the well wishes. And congratulations to you as well my friend, happy anniversary!

Congratulations to you both. I have only crossed the 20 year threshold a couple of weeks ago, so still a rookie :)

My wedding day shave was definitely with an Excel or Mach 3 cart, however already back then I wetshaved with a cheap synthetic brush and probably Maca Root cream. Aftershave would have been Christian Dior Eau Sauvage for sure, didn’t use anything else for 25 years.

Still sticking to the same wife, razor and software is now changing almost daily :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Congratulations! Mine would have been a Gillette Fusion with Edge gel. The last wedding I was a part of was my Rockwell 6S on plate 4 w/ Astra green, TOBS grapefruit, Semogue 830, Dickinsons W/H, Fine Snakebite A/S, Aqua Di Gio Balm, and Aqua Di Gio EDT. My, how far I've come.

The evolution of man :biggrin1:

With taste like that, how could you go wrong. Great setup. Here’s to love, the only thing that can make us crazier than we already are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to you both. The Aristocrat Junior sounds a good choice for a smooth nick free shave.

I don't rightly remember what I used but it was in my cartridge days so probably a Gillette multiblade and can of goop. Wouldn't go back to that way of shaving .

Enjoy your big day! Best wishes

Great gear for sure and congrats on your big day! Sadly, my shave on that faithful day would have been with a Gillette disposable and Nivea shave gel from a can. If I could go back in time, it would have been the 38 Sheraton (in 24k Gold) with a fresh GSB, Stirling Executive Man with the matching AS and some Creed Aventus to top it all off. However, I did end up with the greatest prize on that day (she married me) so I can make up for crappy shaves now. Take care and safe travels on Saturday!

Congratulations! Be sure to allow enough time to go slow - you want a nice close shave without cuts or weepers. I trust this is a combo you're familiar with and produces good results.

My wedding was 34 years ago. while I can't exactly remember the shave, it was probably a Trac II with Edge Gel.

congrats on the nuptials. I cannot remember shaving on my wedding day, but i would assume it was a trac II and barbasol shave cream.

Congratulations and best of luck!

First marriage no idea. Probably with an Atra and Edge gel. Fast forward 18 years to my second marriage I did the full barber treatment. Haircut, hot towel and straight razor (shavette maybe?).

Last edited:
My was 46 years ago. Can of Rise and a Trac II. Actually it wasn’t a bad shave. I was in the Army’s ceremonial unit then, the Ole Guard, and it was a requirement that we be clean shaven at al times.

I miss Rise canned foam. It was really pretty good and didn’t dry your skin out. Too bad it disappeared.

Top Bottom