What's new

Tobacquisitions- August 2018

It was indeed Havana Connections. Thanks for the heads up on the CORPS meeting. I'll swing by Griffins if I am in town then. I've been to Stony Point a bunch of times, but I wasn't aware of Griffins. Any other recommended B&M stores in the Richmond area?
Havana Connections in Short Pump? That was my main store (cigars) when I lived in Hanover and worked in SP. Got my main Humidor there.

Havana Connections in Short Pump? That was my main store (cigars) when I lived in Hanover and worked in SP. Got my main Humidor there.

That’s one...there are several around the Richmond area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one! I've only been there a few times, but I love it so far. Good selection and a nice bunch of guys.

Great store, dont remember too much on pipes since I had no interest than but as you said great people!

Of the Havana Connections I’ve been to 2/5), Short Pump probably had the most pipe stuff. A fairly big wall unit with briars, a glass under countertop display with Pete’s and some other more well known makers, including some meers, etc. accessories , 8-11 jars of relabeled bulks and maybe 20 or so different tins blends.

Of the Havana Connections I’ve been to 2/5), Short Pump probably had the most pipe stuff. A fairly big wall unit with briars, a glass under countertop display with Pete’s and some other more well known makers, including some meers, etc. accessories , 8-11 jars of relabeled bulks and maybe 20 or so different tins blends.

Nice! Next time I am down that way i will check it out. Maybe end of September (28th?)

37B4644A-4C01-4511-AD49-955312460019.jpeg

The final bit of my first TAD order arrived today, the bulk package of PS Luxury Bullseye Flake. The pipe is a new Vauen Mirage (9mm), that I smoked for the first time last night and it is great. Planning to smoke the LBF tonight. Will try to get around trying the other stuff I’ve yet to try by the weekend, which is the 3 Nuns and the MB Navy Flake. I’ve had at least one bowl of all the others and liked them all.

View attachment 905097

The final bit of my first TAD order arrived today, the bulk package of PS Luxury Bullseye Flake. The pipe is a new Vauen Mirage (9mm), that I smoked for the first time last night and it is great. Planning to smoke the LBF tonight. Will try to get around trying the other stuff I’ve yet to try by the weekend, which is the 3 Nuns and the MB Navy Flake. I’ve had at least one bowl of all the others and liked them all.

Impressive haul!

PLEASE don't tell me these black warning labels are now new in the US and are to be on every tin?!?
One of the big pleasures of paying a truckload of money for the superb US-tobaccos is that they don't have ****ty warning labels, nor pictures of someones crotch exploding (yes... we have a warning label like this.. "smoking makes impotency"...exploding crotch...no words!).

I've seen this black "warning" labels on SMokingPipes but hopes this would be.. idk what I hoped for, I guess I was hoping it's just a dream :-D

I mean, I understand why they are one EU tins... we need those joykillers and symbols of idiocracy by law... but why on the Black Frigate? The tin looks like s..... please don't take my precious Frigate tins! :001_wub:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
PLEASE don't tell me these black warning labels are now new in the US and are to be on every tin?!?
One of the big pleasures of paying a truckload of money for the superb US-tobaccos is that they don't have ****ty warning labels, nor pictures of someones crotch exploding (yes... we have a warning label like this.. "smoking makes impotency"...exploding crotch...no words!).

I've seen this black "warning" labels on SMokingPipes but hopes this would be.. idk what I hoped for, I guess I was hoping it's just a dream :-D

I mean, I understand why they are one EU tins... we need those joykillers and symbols of idiocracy by law... but why on the Black Frigate? The tin looks like s..... please don't take my precious Frigate tins! :001_wub:

Well, it is what it is. I am just grateful I can still buy tobacco without jumping through hoops.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Got this african meer from the uk today. The maker is a bit of a mystery. I'm guessing Peterson but the "p" stamping is different than those that peterson used. The shape looks very petersony but I'm not sure. If so it was a steal. Great shape with only a slight scuff up front. Lightly smoked. Push pull tenon and a very nice open draw. It is more open that my new imp and tekin meers. Almost mm cob with no filter open lol.

View attachment 904665

That "P" is most likely for "Pioneer", I have a Pioneer meer that I believe is African Meerschaum and is pre-colored, got it off the 'bay. Smokes OK, but not that special, yours looks much nicer, enjoy!

That "P" is most likely for "Pioneer", I have a Pioneer meer that I believe is African Meerschaum and is pre-colored, got it off the 'bay. Smokes OK, but not that special, yours looks much nicer, enjoy!
The pioneer and peterson african meers were both made in the same factory by Laxey pipes ltd on the isle of mann. They also made mann pipes, manx, barling, and some others. Not sure if the pipe is a Peterson or a pioneer. The finish looks more Peterson than pioneer but the "P" stamping doesn't match either pipe brand. Who knows haha. No matter though. Got it for a great price and it smokes great. I'm certain it came from the factory on the isle of mann though. I've got another african meer that shares a similar finish. But what brand was it sold as? No clue haha.

Well, it is what it is. I am just grateful I can still buy tobacco without jumping through hoops.

Yet it gives me a glimpse of hope that they made room for EU-warning labels, so they can reach the EU-market with their wonderful, wonderful blends.... a man's gotta have dreams yo....:1eye:

It is pretty much the exact same when I went the other day.

Those labels don’t last very long in my house. As soon as they are opened, this happens.

Attachments

• 5A863463-7DC5-455C-AA51-68DC5536B53C.jpeg
    5A863463-7DC5-455C-AA51-68DC5536B53C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
View attachment 905097

Nicely done! A few of these are on my short list. I've heard great things about the SPC ones and H&H CM.

Top Bottom