What's new

Has anyone gotten a RAD killer?

Do you have a DE razor that killed your RAD?

• Yes

Votes: 107 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 95 47.0%

• Total voters
To all of you who feel that Connaught does shipping right: I would like to know what is so good about Connaught's shipping please. I neither agree nor disagree with you, but I'd like to know. FWIW I just did my first order with them, and I had to choose between 1) free shipping without tracking or 2) paying 18.xx British pounds for tracked Royal Mail. To be fair, the package is very heavy - a very large supply of blades. Still, I'd like to know what is so good about Connaught's shipping. -- Thanks.
What's so good about Connaught's shipping is that it only costs a couple of pounds for small un-tracked packages and for me personally, they take just 6-7 days from the UK to Thailand. If you choose Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed you are understandably going to have to pay a premium. I think a letter costs around £10 nowadays so for a heavy package, the rate you were quoted seems fair. As a comparison, if I want a razor sent from the USA to Thailand with full tracking I have to pay more than $40 for USPS Priority shipping.

(Maggards are one of the US vendors that offer very competitive shipping prices, as Gman7 pointed out)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
To all of you who feel that Connaught does shipping right: I would like to know what is so good about Connaught's shipping please. I neither agree nor disagree with you, but I'd like to know. FWIW I just did my first order with them, and I had to choose between 1) free shipping without tracking or 2) paying 18.xx British pounds for tracked Royal Mail. To be fair, the package is very heavy - a very large supply of blades. Still, I'd like to know what is so good about Connaught's shipping. -- Thanks.
I just bought a 150 gm soap from Connaught and the shipping was $3.40 USD. When I bought my Piccolo Special Edition it was $2.75 USD. When I buy from American vendors it can be anywhere between $3.95, $5.20 to $6.95 USD for packages of similar weight. Connaught also dispatches the item very quickly, and always the same day during the week, if I get the timezone correct when ordering. Granted if you want a tracking number, or want the package the same week, the savings may not matter. It takes roughly 14 days for me to receive a package in the USA. Now with more US vendors having to collect taxes, and a redundant trade war, it might make logical sense, from a cost perspective, to buy more from EU, UK, and Canadian vendors as prices rise Stateside. I'm at least taking the time to shop and compare more on a broader scale.

Last edited:
I think so. For the last couple of years I used the ATT M1 with Kronos handle. 6 months ago I took the plunge and ordered the Timeless .68 SB with barbershop handle. That's all I've used since it arrived and I'm really happy with it. Who knows but I have no reason to look elsewhere at the moment.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Relatively very low S&H charges.

OK, thanks again. I think I might just go straight for the Timeless though, as Executive Shaving charge £19 shipping to Thailand, which is way over the top for such a small item. Connaught, by comparison, charge £2 to ship a razor head here but unfortunately they don't have the 103 in stock.

I’m sure it’s available elsewhere mate, defo don’t pay ridiculous shipping fee’s.

But I would hands down, recommend the Timeless. If I had to only have the 1 razor from my current stock it would be that. It’s on the right in the pic below.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I’m sure it’s available elsewhere mate, defo don’t pay ridiculous shipping fee’s.

But I would hands down, recommend the Timeless. If I had to only have the 1 razor from my current stock it would be that. It’s on the right in the pic below.

proxy.php

What's that rack? Cool looking it is.

Actually number 29, a Gillette New Long Comb replated/restored by Chris at Back Roads Gold and IT might just be the single nicest razor I have shaved with....yet...but my Sheraton, also restored by Chris is a very, very close second...

A Parker Variant is doing miracles for me.. since I've got it - a few months now - no more razors, and I'm reassessing the ones I own against the new champion.
Looks promising :)

Another vote for Timeless.My .95 SS OC and .095 Ti SB just beat out my Blackbird and CG. However I love the AC blade format and the search for that goes on.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Razor Rack. Pen Display Stand..jpg

It’s actually a pen display case, found on amazon for around £6 ish I think. It’s very handy.

Thank you. I'll look for it.

I'm pretty sure this is it. Link. The picture on Amazon has it oriented differently but a reviewer says flipping it makes items more secure.

There are reviews saying it's flimsy, etc. Junk, basically, but that doesn't seem to have been your experience.

Ordered one.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
View attachment 905617

I'm pretty sure this is it. Link. The picture on Amazon has it oriented differently but a reviewer says flipping it makes items more secure.

There are reviews saying it's flimsy, etc. Junk, basically, but that doesn't seem to have been your experience.

Ordered one.

Thanks,

Jim

I think if you were constantly moving it around it wouldn’t be too tough, it’s only plastic after all. But mine stays pretty much stationary all the time and does a great job.

proxy.php

Off topic, I know... But what is that alu-head (?) with golden handle?

Top Bottom