What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I love the diagonal barber pole brush. I did purchase the butterscotch beehive (with Manchurian knot) because I don't have any beehive handle brushes and love them in butterscotch.

I don't do Beehive handles very often and that one is a beauty.

Thanks, Bob

I've been kind of stuck in Shaving Brush mode, so I thought I would turn some attention to a few razor handles.

Blue and Red - I cast this handle out of the same colored resin that I used to build a recent shaving brush. The results are pretty close.

proxy.php

Razor with the brush
proxy.php

Red, White and Blue - Faded For this handle, I was trying to replicate a Barber Pole that had been weathered and faded.
proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

I had Bob make me a brush and I received it last week.

Handle: Coolibah Burl wood
Knot: Manchurian White 26mm bulb

It is simply fantastic.

Brush only.jpg

I was hoping he had enough Coolibah Burl remaining to make a matching razor, unfortunately he did not, but he had a stunning Brazilian Rosewood razor that I snagged. It is wonderfully weighted and a smooth shaver.

Elite Razor Brush and Shaver.jpg

I just completed the last of the Maple burl and resin handles I had in my shop. It has been listed and is available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Maple Burl with Resin (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

My youngest daughter is a newly minted Freshman and Georgia Southern University and I wanted to build something in honor of the event. I'm not sure what she might use it for, but it's the thought that counts. Right?
proxy.php

Bob

I had the chance to finish a new brush between working on custom orders. It is a modified Takamine shape with a more rounded base. It has just been listed and is available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Black and Copper (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

It occurred to me that when turning a brush handle, I don't give much thought to the knot other than the size. As I looked at my inventory of brush handles, it seemed most had rounded or curved segments that seemed more conducive to fitting a bulb shaped knot. So, I took a shot at building a handle whose shape more properly reflected a fan shaped knot. Below is the result.

Let me know your thoughts.

Green and Gold (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

What happens when there is only a little resin left in the cup after a pour? After 8 pours, something like this.

Multi-Stripe (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

I got a couple new stone brushes completed today and they are now listed and available at www.eliterazor.com.
I expect to have a few more stone brushes finished this week, so stay tuned.

Malachite (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Larimar (26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

I have just listed the Azurite with Malachite brush shown below. It is available on my website at www.eliterazor.com.

Azurite with Malachite (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

I was able to get a couple of stone brushes completed over the weekend. The brushes shown below have been listed and are available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Blue Lapis (26mm)

proxy.php

Arizona Jade (24 - 26mm)

proxy.php

Bob

This brush has just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com. It's a very nice Carribean blue with shimmering gold running through it. It is shown with a 24mm Manchurian White knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

proxy.php

Bob

I've recently had quite a few requests for the brush shape shown below and Scott at Declaration Groomong was gracious enough to provide me with the specs, as well as his blessing, for me to build a handful of the brushes in his Theodore design.

These are all made from various types of stone which are, from left to right, Bloody Basin Jasper, Gold Laced Quartz, Gold Laced Onyx and Arizona Jade. They are all shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

proxy.php

I also finished a couple of handles in extraordinarily well figured burl wood. These are about as nice as I've ever had the pleasure to work.

Cherry Burl (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Teak Burl (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

I was able to get a few more of the stone brushes finished today. These are all listed and available at www.eliterazor.com.

Bloody Basin Jasper
proxy.php

Malachite
proxy.php

Larimar
proxy.php

Tourmaline Laced Quartz
proxy.php

Kingman Turquoise
proxy.php

Bloody Basin Jasper
proxy.php