What's new

One blessing of being single.....

I don't have to answer to anyone but myself. lol

These forums are a great place for encouraging others to help out with the economy. Either that or a great test for our will power.

Been without Tabac for some time and finally decided to place an order. After lurking the threads the past while I got the itch to try a few other goodies. The last time I made a major purchase was when I had gotten my Weber PH a while before production ended. So it was about time someone had a indulged.

5 refills
1 Bruce
1 Big Bruce, couldn't resist!
1 Rockwell 6S.

Currently use a Duke 3 with the Weber PH. I looked long and hard at the Timeless but couldn't justify it at this time. Unfortunately I'm pushing it as is given other financial obligations. So I'll have to start a piggy bank. Speaking of piggies, I was looking at getting a boar brush and was all set to get one or two until reading that it takes around 5 days for them to try. Being the Bruce & Big Bruce have gotten good reviews. If the BB is not suitable, a friend who head shaves can always make use of it. He would have a field day with that thing.

So now it's time to play the waiting game.

Hi there, yes I hear ya, I still do have some financial obligations but I can relate to your story as I also don't have a SWMBO to complain about my acquisitions.

I had stopped buying for a couple of years due to things being crazy at work, but have been splurging as of lately, so just the anticipation of the mail coming to really.bother me. HA!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

These forums are a great place for encouraging others to help out with the economy. Either that or a great test for our will power.

Been without Tabac for some time and finally decided to place an order. After lurking the threads the past while I got the itch to try a few other goodies. The last time I made a major purchase was when I had gotten my Weber PH a while before production ended. So it was about time someone had a indulged.

5 refills
1 Bruce
1 Rockwell 6S.

Currently use a Duke 3 with the Weber PH. I looked long and hard at the Timeless but couldn't justify it at this time. Unfortunately I'm pushing it as is given other financial obligations. So I'll have to start a piggy bank. Speaking of piggies, I was looking at getting a boar brush and was all set to get one or two until reading that it takes around 5 days for them to try. Being the Bruce & Big Bruce have gotten good reviews. If the BB is not suitable, a friend who head shaves can always make use of it. He would have a field day with that thing.

Welcome to the forum!

You'lll meet many enablers here. Succumb at your own peril. I have! lol

My first brush was an Omega boar, and its a very good brush too. It took about 6 months of every other day shaves for it to break in nicely. At that point the tips started turning snow white when soaked.

IMG_2347.jpg IMG_2344.jpg

It's always dried overnight.

I have a Yaqi Silvertip badger too. Nice brush. For the price they're hard to beat.

Yaqi 24mm Silvertip - A Review

I think I've used each one once in the last few months. My main brush is a Maggard synthetic that does it all and then some. It loads hard soaps like Tabac and Pre de Provence twice as fast as my Omega. Its softer than my Silvertip, has very little scrub, decent backbone and dries in minutes.

I'll be the first to try and push you into another razor. :)

If your technique is up to it and you like smooth highly efficient razors, you might look at Fatip. I got my Fatip Grande last September and have used quite a few DE's between then and now. None, can do what a Fatip OC does. For the money I dont think theres a better DE razor made, or even at twice the price.

IMG_2053.jpg IMG_2056.jpg

5 refills
1 Bruce
1 Rockwell 6S.

Any boar brush is essentially dry overnight. The guys saying it takes 5 days are weighing them in micro-grams and observing when the stop losing weight. None of that matters in the real world.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Love my boar brushes too- and my Fatip Grande. I was afraid of it at first, but wow, it gives a BBS without much effort.

Congratulations on your purchases exclamation always fun to push the buy button, but then the hard part, waiting for the delivery! The Rockwell is a good razor, and as previously stated the Fatip Grande is also an excellent razor. Enjoy!

Ah yes, the single life. Spend your time at your leisure, answer to no one, and get as many packages sent to your door as your heart desires (or can afford). I wouldn’t trade my SWMBO to have it all back, but it certainly was an enjoyable time in my life.

Ah the single life!

I am one of those guys who needs ‘adult supervision’ to spend my $ ‘properly!!’ :a29:

Hahaha, that did crack me up.

I guess when RAD kicks in hard I need some restraint, but certainly don't need someone telling me I have too many razors / soaps.

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

Fellow single...
I went out a few times with a woman who initially was *quite* impressed with my shaving setup... The variety of soaps, brushes, razors, etc...
After a handful of visits, she noticed something new on the counter, and commented with just a liiiiiittle too much snarky in her tone for my taste, so that happened to be her final visit. I was married for 20 years, and after being single now for 7... I'm not I'm any hurry to have to consider all that again. I kinda like being able to do what I want without somebody giving me sh** about it.

Lucky for me, I found the right lady. Of course, it took me three times to get it right. :001_302: I've cut back on my purchases but when I buy something I take it into the house and show her. As she has said, she would rather I spend a few bucks on a soap or brush rather than going to a bar. In fact, she has gone through some of my soaps to see the brands I like and she has given me some additional goodies as gifts.

Lucky for me, I found the right lady. Of course, it took me three times to get it right. :001_302: I've cut back on my purchases but when I buy something I take it into the house and show her. As she has said, she would rather I spend a few bucks on a soap or brush rather than going to a bar. In fact, she has gone through some of my soaps to see the brands I like and she has given me some additional goodies as gifts.

+1! The ‘right lady’ is absolutely key!! :a29:

It's going to be a long weekend... Just checked with Canada Post and my order ought to be in by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Esox, like the look of your Omega and Grande. Had I known about drying time for the boar, I would have ordered 1 or 2. No doubt it'll be on my next order. Not expensive by any means.

BigJ, been there once and it was absolutely awesome! The good Lord called her home being he needed her more than I. Haven't met anyone of interest since and it's been 14 yrs. She wouldn't have complained about shaving gear that's for sure. After we were wed, I mentioned something about wishing I had a hobby and she had asked what I'd like to do. Mentioned of how I used to be into amateur radio. Next thing I knew, I had a new Kenwood transceiver and power supply arriving at my door.

BigJ, been there once and it was absolutely awesome! The good Lord called her home being he needed her more than I. Haven't met anyone of interest since and it's been 14 yrs. She wouldn't have complained about shaving gear that's for sure. After we were wed, I mentioned something about wishing I had a hobby and she had asked what I'd like to do. Mentioned of how I used to be into amateur radio. Next thing I knew, I had a new Kenwood transceiver and power supply arriving at my door.

She sounds like she was a spectacular woman. I think we’d all be lucky to have a love like that. God Bless.

5 refills
1 Bruce
1 Rockwell 6S.

Great to get new stuff, Big J, love it myself. Even if it takes some days (or weeks, when you are here in Europe!) of running daily to the mailbox like a 5 year old :biggrin1:), the waiting sure is tough.

FWIW I use boar brushes a lot and I never found any issues with their drying. To me it seems that my go-to dries up from day to day/use to use.

Enjoy - and thanks so much for sharing!

Well, I guess that I'm simply a very lucky man. After 22 years of marriage to the love of my life, my wife not only supports my wonderful hobbies (traditional wet shaving, photography, music - audiophilia, and golf) but she constantly encourages me to spend our money on the products of these hobbies that she knows I truly enjoy. It's simply a matter of communication and understanding. I support her “stuff,” and she supports mine. Ahhhhh, life is good !

Well, I guess that I'm simply a very lucky man. After 22 years of marriage to the love of my life, my wife not only supports my wonderful hobbies (traditional wet shaving, photography, music - audiophilia, and golf) but she constantly encourages me to spend our money on the products of these hobbies that she knows I truly enjoy. It's simply a matter of communication and understanding. I support her “stuff,” and she supports mine. Ahhhhh, life is good !

Perfect, Adam - very happy for you, you sound like soulmates!

Top Bottom