What's new

Do you shave with both hands?

Both hands here.

1st pass: RH on right cheek/jawline, chin, 'stache area, entire neck - LH on left cheek/jawline

2nd pass: RH on right cheek/jawline, chin, 'stage area, right side of neck - LH on left cheek/jawline and left side of neck.

both, right side of face & head with the right hand, left side of face & head with left hand--except the back of my head is reversed (ha ha) using my left hand for the right side of the head and right hand for the left side.

Both hands here.

1st pass: RH on right cheek/jawline, chin, 'stache area, entire neck - LH on left cheek/jawline

2nd pass: RH on right cheek/jawline, chin, 'stage area, right side of neck - LH on left cheek/jawline and left side of neck.

I have recently started doing something similar to this. Just left hand for left cheek, jawline and neck, but using my right hand for everything else.

Both hands with a straight, but mainly my right for a DE. Left hand with a straight never feels comfortable though; I guess its just a case of developing the motor skills in that hand. I will try a left-handed DE shave tomorrow morning!

Shaving is one of the few things I am ambidextrous at and that turns out well. I made myself learn how to use both hands. Attempts to only use one hand now feel awkward.

I use my dominant right hand only. But I had a coworker who could write on a blackboard with his right hand and his left hand simultaneously, writing different sentences with each hand. He could write forward with one hand and backward with the other hand, then switch to mirror-writing, forward or backward, with either hand. Amazing. I, on the other hand, can barely sip a cup of coffee in my left hand.

I straight shave using both hands. Left hand to shave right side, right hand to shave left side.

That would seem to be a little counter-productive. To me, the value in using both hands was not having to hold an arm in front of your face/eyes to shave the opposite side of your face.

When I lost the use of my right arm a few months ago, I started shaving all left hand. Works for me.

I hope that it was only temporary?!

Another leg shaver here and also left handed, although I do use my right hand for cutting. I use both hands to shave, always have. Never even occurred to me that most people shave only with their dominant hand.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've stopped trying to wield the razor with my left hand, and am now focussing on finding techniques that let me get a perfect shave with just the sword hand. I'm close, very close, and should have it mastered in a couple of months.

Yes, I use both hands.

However, I can tell you that I always start from the left side of my face.

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

After 30 years removed, I came back to wet-shaving in 2018. Technique is getting better and my shave time has been reduced. A natural right-hnder, I find my self now resisting the urge to shave the left side of my face with my left hand holding the razor. Tried it with trepidation and trying to decide whether to continue a "both-hand shave". Question for the DE shaving community is how many (or what percentage) shave using both hands?
Both hands here. Just takes practice is all. If you are worried about getting cut just take the blade out and practice with the DE empty until you feel confident.

I mostly use a straight and it took me awhile to be ambidextrous with it but fear not....it will come

I am a righty, but learned to use my left hand when I use my shavette. Now my newfound ambidextrous ability carries over when I use my DE safety razor to shave my face and head. I will use my left hand to shave my left side of my face and left side of my posterior head and neck. It is funny that I never used my left hand to shave until I used a shavette for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I have been shaving over 45 years and I guess this old dog learned a new trick. Lol!

Top Bottom