What's new

Pre de Provence No. 63

PdP 63 is Vegan? I didn’t know that. Through my own incomplete research it was, by pure happenstance, my first introduction to Vegan soaps. I feel greener already. Thanks @dabrock for that info.

PdP 63 is Vegan? I didn’t know that. Through my own incomplete research it was, by pure happenstance, my first introduction to Vegan soaps. I feel greener already. Thanks @dabrock for that info.

Actually, I should check if it qualifies for vegan but it's definitely a vegetable base!

Well, that interesting. I had no idea it was a vegetable based soap. It is so thick I just assumed it was tallow. learn something every day. Either way, I find it a delightful soap.

A vegan soap is any soap that is made without the use of any components derived from animals. Although stearic acid is often derived from tallow, lard, duck fat, etc. stearic acid can also be found in some vegetable oils and butters such as shea butter, kokum butter and cocoa butter. Thus, a vegan soap can be formulated to include the benefits of stearic acid without including animal fats.

Top Bottom