What's new

I am not telling, not yet

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Embossed copper dentures just sounds so .... ummm..... wrong (unless perhaps you want to be a Bond villain)

copper lather bowl or soap mug?

I'm going with lather bowl.

Impressive guys - well done! It is a copper lather bowl. I have yet to see it but with luck will have a prototype in a month and production models in our store in three months.

On occasion we get a request for an unbreakable lather bowl because a customer dropped one of our lather bowls. There are many different materials if not ceramic but we narrowed it down to copper. Glass is out for obvious reasons, any metal would have to be stamped out of a mold but the concave sides of our lather bowls makes that an impossibility. Once the form is stamped then you cannot remove the mold. Wood is out which got us down to something that can be hand worked. There is tin and copper - we liked copper since it has more of a Captain's Choice vibe to it.

The trick is getting our raised ridges in the bottom as well as the thumb rest on the exterior which serves as a thumb rest. There is more labor involved than you would imagine. I have also requested a heavier gauge copper for heft rather than the thin stuff that is seen elsewhere. I hope to have some pictures in a few weeks to post and see what you think about it.

The good Captain be diversifying like:

75A11D69-E258-48B3-A9F8-C149CB52E5AC.gif

I've always wanted a scuttle with a copper lathering bowl insert. Seems to me the combination of great heat transfer to the soap and brush, and awesome heat retention of a ceramic outer bowl would be a game changer. Now, I'm not saying you should be making a deal with the folks of Corning research... but I have a sample shuttle tile which demonstrates the quality of their 1980's thermal ceramics! Just have them bond something thicker and sturdier than the black stuff they used back then facing out...

it's been a week +, my fingers are twiddled to the point of soreness; more hints!

(twiddling is not all it's cracked up to be - I don't recommend it)

Ok, it's a copper lather bowl, can it go to warp speed? That's all I wanted to know....

Like a fine wine it can't be rushed. Once I have the prototype in hand I will use it and post pictures. It may be there are some small tweaks to the design and then we will ramp up production of it. Time frame is to have a prototype in hand by the end of July and be stocked by September.

Top Bottom