What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Lots of great sightseeing today. Here's my morning's contribution. Simple and austere.
DSC_3111 - WH Morley & Sons.jpg

Today’s choice was from one of my favorite makers “ Filarmonica” along with Razor Master Uula soap and a RV custom badger and then a good splash of Small Batch Shave Tonic.

EC7A082A-7732-42CE-942A-6DF4405F8A04.jpeg

View attachment 891776 Such a thoughtful invitation. I shoveled and scraped over two hundred inches of snow each year for five years so I really must decline.
Photo is my son in Syracuse
I believe the expression is a Winter Wonderland.

The flagship of my collection, straight from the white bear himself. The soap I used even has a scetch of Arne enjoying an adult beverage.
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
That was the drawing made of me when I said god bye to this razor. I wish I had more of them to spare, but somehow they've become very hard to come by the last years.
First shave with my Ragarazor 6/8 and I love it!
View attachment 891802
A very beautiful specimen.
Lots of great sightseeing today. Here's my morning's contribution. Simple and austere.
View attachment 891812
... and very elegant.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
74A224E4-4678-453A-AB7C-8B722BB5179C.jpeg

GD62. Did not like this one at all. My first GD bust. The $4 GD66 runs rings around this design disaster. The soap was a pleasant surprise. Not Shafmilch but decent.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thanks for the warning!
What’s so bad about the W62?
This is my opinion only and others may love it BUT: the blade is too short, the razor is too light, the French point was distracting (I have a Boker with a Spanish point and have no problem with it),I found it awkward to hone and for some reason it seemed a bit harsh even though honed exactly same as my others. The harshness most likely had to do with my unfamiliarity with the razor. I m trying different GD’s to find a style of razor I like before I spend money on a more “refined” one. As of now, it looks like a round point 6/8 is in the lead - just a standard ole razor looking thing full hollow rather than extra full.

Last edited:
This is my opinion only and others may love it BUT: the blade is too short, the razor is too light, the French point was distracting (I have a Boker with a Spanish point and have no problem with it),I found it awkward to hone and for some reason it seemed a bit harsh even though honed exactly same as my others. The harshness most likely had to do with my unfamiliarity with the razor. I m trying different GD’s to find a style of razor I like before I spend money on a more “refined” one. As of now, it looks like a round point 6/8 is in the lead - just a standard ole razor looking thing full hollow rather than extra full.
Aah... thank you.

Dovo 6/8 Bismark 2
This was the maiden voyage for this NOS 7 year old Bismark.
I love the looks of this straight .She has great balance and handles extremely well .The factory edge was acceptable .But I think she will get a refresh on my Escher or Felsner Ruby hone ,Very pleased with this razor,
rps20180619_234244_753.jpg

Wednesday Shave
13/16 Japanese Straight 94 Bellman Task Purpose Moribvden Steel Monarch Cutlery Works

Had a suburb shave with this razor .She took an extremely keen edge off the J-Nat but still retains a soft and smooth feel .Great weight for a hollow ground razor .Removed whiskers with little effort .Lovely Japanese Razor .
rps20180620_102852_956.jpg

Top Bottom