What's new

I have been chosen... Razorock P160

I got some Razorock P160 in a PIF and used it last Friday because to me it smelled like candy! Well as it turns out, I am one of the lucky ones who have a severe reaction to P160. My skin was on fire after one pass and I turned bright red. I didn’t go for another pass and just washed my face and went to work. After 30 min or so the red subsided only to be replaced by hives. So I took a Benadryl and refrained from shaving for a few days but I itched like crazy for most of Friday. Looks like I’ll be putting together a PIF in the near future with a warning for the P160. Pics are immediately post shave and about 8 hours later after the hives went down.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wow, bad juju! :a30:

That's an allergic reaction, all right. :a16:

Might want to cross-examine the ingredient list and stay away from any and all ...

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
The almond scent comes from Benzaldehyde. It gives me a similar reaction. Too bad OP.

It sucks because I cant use any of the classic Italian almond soaps. The good news is I discovered SV 4.3, so I in no way feel like I'm missing out.

Also had the same reaction when I first tried it - Stirling Almond Creme has been a great replacement. No benzaldehyde, and no reaction for me. Hope you can find some almondy goodness soon, OP!

I really enjoyed the scent so I might have to try Stirling Almond sometime.

I had read about the redness some people experience so I knew the risks going in. Are there any other soaps with the same issue I should avoid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I really enjoyed the scent so I might have to try Stirling Almond sometime.

I had read about the redness some people experience so I knew the risks going in. Are there any other soaps with the same issue I should avoid?

Cella
Boellis Panama
Antica Barbieria Colla
Vitos
Some Razorock

Basically all the traditional Italian almond soaps/croaps gave me similar irritation.

If you want to try an almond soap in the future, perhaps a quick email to the company asking if they use Benzaldehyde in their formula.

Last edited:
P.160 lit me up the same way. It actually burned my face. Funny thing is I can use Cella with no problems at all...

Is it the new or original formula? The new one says "We sourced the best grade of tallow we could find, we eliminated the Potassium Carbonate (making the soap a lot more time consuming to make) and we used an allergen and benzaldehyde free bitter almond scent."

It also says "*P160 now uses our RazoRock Super Tallow Formula which includes Tallow, Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Aloe Vera and Lanolin"

I'm not sure what the original formula was but it probably had benzaldehyde.

Sorry. I remember Razorock saying they reformulated P160 because the original version caused bad reactions in some people. Obviously, it's not for you.

Luckily, there are lots and lots of great soaps out there. I hope the person you give the P160 to enjoys it and you find something you like even more (that doesn't irritate you.)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Man, that really stinks. My skin in the winter can be a tad bit sensitive, but nothing like that. I can shave with broken glass in the summer and use gasoline for aftershave, but not so much in the winter. Hope you continue to heal, sir.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have not tried RazoRock's P.160 (any version) but have now been using the old P.160 Tipo Morbido daily for well over a year with no issues.

Top Bottom