What's new

Mis-heard song lyrics

Stone Temple Pilots; Interstate Love Song: "Feelin' like a ham and mustard shake."

Oasis; Champagne Supernova: "Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannibal"

And, in honor of the almighty Led Zeppelin: "You need Kool Aid...baby, I'm not foolin'"

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
This was such a good thread, it's needs a bump. So with no further ado.......

The Who's Eminence Front.

It's in Eminem's butt
It's in Enimem's butt
It's a footlong

Ad Astra

The Instigator
B-52's 52 Girls
"The saaad troubled girrrrls of the U-S-A!"

Christmas's Rudolf:
"Olive, the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him names ..."

AA

Manfred Mann's Earth Band "Blinded by the Light"

Thought it was
"Blinded by the light
Wrapped up like a douche
Into the roller of the night"

Actually, it is
"Blinded by the light
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night"

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
C21207F1-0D6C-4B16-9110-494897307D12.jpeg
Manfred Mann's Earth Band "Blinded by the Light"

Thought it was
"Blinded by the light
Wrapped up like a douche
Into the roller of the night"

Actually, it is
"Blinded by the light
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night"

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Springsteen's lyrics are Cut loose like a Deuce another runner in the night. I still question the validity of Manfred Man saying revved up like a deuce. It has to be wrapped up like a douche. :lol:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
In a couple of years they have built
A home sweet home
With a couple of kids running in the yard
Of Desmond and Molly Joe

Happy as a rafter in the market place
Desmond lets the children lend a hand
Molly stays at home and does her pretty face
And in the evening she still sings it with the band

Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam told a story onstage about how Mike McReady used to think the words to Rock n Roll all night were "I want to rock'n'roll all night, and part of every day". :lol: :clap::lol:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If misheard, it's supposed to go "wrecked-up like a douche, another runner in the night."

It's rock n'roll. Just wave your lighter in the air, yell and scream.

:001_huh:

Actually. I went to a rock concert about 10 years ago- Kansas and Styx. Not only was there no pot smoking or M-80s going off in the crowd; there was no police chasing kids with bongs ... nobody selling drugs in the bathroom ... it was boring! This wasn't a rock concert! I felt sorry for today's crowd; they have missed the classic 1970s concert experience ...

No waving lighters in the air - only their cellphones. This is cool? ah, man.

The worst offense: people smoking cigarettes ... under watchful police eyes ... in designated smoking areas.

"The times; they are a-change - ing."

I think I'd rather remember the monsters of rock - in their environment - as I saw them in the day, than go to another such "rock concert."

(cue the opening chords of "Layla")

AA

Last edited:
If misheard, it's supposed to go "wrecked-up like a douche, another runner in the night."

Actually. I went to a rock concert about 10 years ago- Kansas and Styx. Not only was there no pot smoking or M-80s going off in the crowd; there was no police chasing kids with bongs ... nobody selling drugs in the bathroom ... it was boring! This wasn't a rock concert! I felt sorry for today's crowd; they have missed the classic 1970s concert experience ...

The worst offense: people smoking cigarettes ... under watchful police eyes ... in designated smoking areas.

AA

That would be reflective of the crowd those bands now attract and the venues they now play in.

dave

Springsteen's lyrics are Cut loose like a Deuce another runner in the night. I still question the validity of Manfred Man saying revved up like a deuce. It has to be wrapped up like a douche. :lol:

How clearly are things enunciated in Springsteen's version, my perception is extremely coloured from years of Manfred Mann's rendition.
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I think I'd rather remember the monsters of rock - in their environment - as I saw them in the day, than go to another such "rock concert."

(cue the opening chords of "Layla")

AA
I saw Pink Floyd around 1990 at Cleveland Muni Stadium- and open air stadium that seated 80k people. When the lights came up, I thought that fog had rolled in. I may have had a contact buzz. I didn’t smoke it, but I smelled pot at every concert I went to. If I went to one now I wouldn't know how to react. :lol:

Top Bottom