What's new

Old Formulation Maca Root on Sale

My local Body Shop has Maca Root Shaving Cream on sale for $7 a jar. There is a new formulation that has a weaker scent in my opinion. The old formulation is being discontinued.

I recently opened a new jar of Maca Root Shaving Cream so if I buy one on sale, it wont get used for a long time. The girl in the store said you can keep it unopened for 3 years but then you have 1 year after opening, to use it before it expires.

I always thought that if you keep the lid to the jar shut tight between uses, shaving cream would last indefinitely. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

smu

I'll find out eventually because I have 2 jars and they've both been opened. I need such a little amount of the product to get a bowl full of lather that 1 jar is going to last a loooooooong time and I've got other creams I'll also be using in the mean time. I sure hope it doesn't go bad.

My local Body Shop has Maca Root Shaving Cream on sale for $7 a jar. There is a new formulation that has a weaker scent in my opinion. The old formulation is being discontinued.

I recently opened a new jar of Maca Root Shaving Cream so if I buy one on sale, it wont get used for a long time. The girl in the store said you can keep it unopened for 3 years but then you have 1 year after opening, to use it before it expires.

I always thought that if you keep the lid to the jar shut tight between uses, shaving cream would last indefinitely. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

smu
I'm sure there comes a time when it dries out, and some have ingredients that will spoil. I don't know about a year, but I've got some really old creams (2-6 years old) that I still use every now and then with no problems.

I just opened a new tube of Crabtree and Evelyn almond oil cream that has to be a few years old and it still works and smells great. It has separated a little, but nothing a good vigorous shake couldn't fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom