What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

the best picture of both was the one with all of them, the shiny one looks a little less pronounced on the rings but i thought it could be the angle and image quality.

maybe we will hear later if someone here got this razor lot.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm probably wrong but looking at the handles, I don't think the Double Rings were made by Gillette. Anyone else think this?
I think the one on the left's rings around the neck don't look right. The one on the right looks like the wrong number of teeth as I believe was stated. Hopefully it's bad pictures on the left and It truly is one. If it is, it's well loved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think the one on the left's rings around the neck don't look right. The one on the right looks like the wrong number of teeth as I believe was stated. Hopefully it's bad pictures on the left and It truly is one. If it is, it's well loved.

I'm looking at it on my phone but it looks like the one on left only has 13 teeth also.

I went to the bay and found the auction, wish I hadn't. The only razors that didn't get a close up were the 2 in question. I believe the seller knew exactly what he was doing. 42 bids and someone spent a lot of money.

I've never bought a razor on line, how does that work? If I didn't get what I thought I was getting, even though the seller didn't exactly misrepresent it, could I get my money back?

I've never bought a razor on line, how does that work? If I didn't get what I thought I was getting, even though the seller didn't exactly misrepresent it, could I get my money back?
If the seller misrepresents or hide a defect you will get your money back. Just claim it and eBay or Paypal will help.

R

romsitsa

Hello,

by the looks, neither is a Gillette double ring. The one to the right is more likely a German Golf.

Adam

KeenDogg

I'm looking at it on my phone but it looks like the one on left only has 13 teeth also.

I went to the bay and found the auction, wish I hadn't. The only razors that didn't get a close up were the 2 in question. I believe the seller knew exactly what he was doing. 42 bids and someone spent a lot of money.

Not sure on that. Ebay seems to be buyer friendly in that regard but I thought it had to be misrepresented in some way to claim it. Just thoughts here, no experience.

Not sure on that. Ebay seems to be buyer friendly in that regard but I thought it had to be misrepresented in some way to claim it. Just thoughts here, no experience.

This. That's why Sellers often do not make explicit statements about what they're selling (or the condition of the item) and say "look at the photos."

This. That's why Sellers often do not make explicit statements about what they're selling (or the condition of the item) and say "look at the photos."
Yep.
“Old razors. Photos are part of the description.”
I don’t know if that could be disputed.

KeenDogg

The buyer may have known the risk and accepted the chance they weren't genuine as well. There were a few other razors in the lot, so maybe not a total loss in their eyes. Again, just a thought.

As always: Caveat Emptor.

Just wanted to add my exprience for anyone’s interest: I have bought most of my vintages online totally without problems (except 1 single example). Always great communication with seller, if you are respectful they are always forthcoming. But then, I only buy great condition specimens, clearly identifiable and make sure to ask questions beforehand. And if in any doubt I don’t buy at all.

I have only once bought a beat up razor (a wrecked #77/88) and that was on Etsy. Turned out the razor was not repairable but I took an open chance. Reverted to seller who gave be a partial refund, which I accepted. Just a learning for me to have better judgement next time.

Caveat Emptor, as Adam (KeenDogg) rightly stated in the previous post.

KeenDogg

Just wanted to add my exprience for anyone’s interest: I have bought most of my vintages online totally without problems (except 1 single example). Always great communication with seller, if you are respectful they are always forthcoming. But then, I only buy great condition specimens, clearly identifiable and make sure to ask questions beforehand. And if in any doubt I don’t buy at all.

I have only once bought a beat up razor (a wrecked #77/88) and that was on Etsy. Turned out the razor was not repairable but I took an open chance. Reverted to seller who gave be a partial refund, which I accepted. Just a learning for me to have better judgement next time.

Caveat Emptor, as Adam (KeenDogg) rightly stated in the previous post.
Thanks for sharing, Peter. I have had mostly positive experiences online as well.

Thanks, fellas. Yes, I know I need to try it out, sigh. BUT it is purdy indeed. Still, looks alone won’t keep it in da house :)
She's a Monster. She seemed nice on the first shave, but after that she let her true colors be known. My ATT H seems tame by her standards. It's possible it's an angle issue, but I don't want to risk that feeling on my face again to find out. It did not feel good all day.

Needs some cleaning and the set isn't complete, but I'm hoping it'll clean up nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_20180526_101314.jpg
    IMG_20180526_101314.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20180526_101341.jpg
    IMG_20180526_101341.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20180526_101334.jpg
    IMG_20180526_101334.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Top Bottom