What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

May not the same but definitely in the same ball park.

s-l1600.jpg

Anyone know what colour the red tip should be? Remember I'm in the UK and its a brit razor.​

ATT Calypso M2. Aluminum OC with mild head. Love the blue anodized base plate. Contrasts nicely with the black handle and cap. Workmanship same as the SS series.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Who is crazy enough to go hunting in a tropical storm, I am. In between rain bands somebody just as crazy was set up and selling. He had these for me. A 1930 Windsor ( I think? ) New Long Comb and a 1940 Milord Tech. Both are in great shape for there age and being found at the flea market in a tropical storm

66A663CC-DD87-4BA0-A505-60D152B080E9-25760-00000C4768A8CC5F.jpeg
B10587FA-6D8F-41C5-B39E-6DA9AB6AE217-25760-00000C47998623AF.jpeg
IMG_2258.JPG

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Who is crazy enough to go hunting in a tropical storm, I am. In between rain bands somebody just as crazy was set up and selling. He had these for me. A 1930 Windsor ( I think? ) New Long Comb and a 1940 Milord Tech. Both are in great shape for there age and being found at the flea market in a tropical storm

View attachment 886491 View attachment 886492 View attachment 886493
Way to be aggressive, Tim!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

View attachment 886491 View attachment 886492 View attachment 886493

Great scores - and with the added cool story to boot, guess the guy knew that you would be coming around! - Congrats!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

timwcic

"Look what I found"
so who got this just now? it had to be someone that recognized the razors that the seller did not oven highlight. two double rings. also a cased single ring, and a nice two tone aristocrat... plus some other decent razors. it was a 1 day auction but got too rich for me near the end.... and at the very end it really went up with a few serious snipers in the last few seconds.
two double ring and a single.jpg

even though i never got to bid on it, i was happy i spotted the razors and could watch it play out.

so who got this just now? it had to be someone that recognized the razors that the seller did not oven highlight. two double rings. also a cased single ring, and a nice two tone aristocrat... plus some other decent razors. it was a 1 day auction but got too rich for me near the end.... and at the very end it really went up with a few serious snipers in the last few seconds.
View attachment 886656
even though i never got to bid on it, i was happy i spotted the razors and could watch it play out.
I came in second. Rats.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i will bet the seller was surprised in the interest, they did not seem the know anything about what would interest buyers on that one.

I'm probably wrong but looking at the handles, I don't think the Double Rings were made by Gillette. Anyone else think this?

The OP said 2, that's what I was going by. I see one on the left and one on the right. The one on the right looks the closest but the spacing of the grooves on the knob doesn't look right to me. Look at the Single Ring, they should be the same. It may just be the picture. I don't know what they went for but I hope they're genuine for the buyers sake.

Top Bottom