What's new

Wallet question

Hello B&B, hoping I can get some help on something here.
I looking for a nice wallet for my dad, something with room for at least 10 cards and (here’s the kicker) one of those accordion style photo holders.
All the wallets I like don’t carry anything like that (saddleback, Pavlov, armatus) and there are lots of dept store trifolds and amazon offerings but they all look kind of lousy.

I have thought of trying to convince him to put the pics on his phone instead but I don’t see him being crazy about that idea!

So in short, looking for a large wallet of heirloom quality. Any suggestions?

Popov leather makes very fine wallets. I have several, the biggest issue is if they have the photo insert. They are a B&B vendor as well.
Popov is what I meant, I said Pavlov! I knew that sounded wrong
Love his wallets, just didn’t see anything for the photo insert like you said. He sure makes nice stuff though.

Actually just spoke with dad and he decided to thin his wallet out and stop carrying so much on him so the saddleback I bought him is going to work. Did not expect that!

Still, if anyone else has any suggestions please share them, he could change his mind.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was wondering if that was who you meant. :smile: I even googled Pavlov and only came up with his dog. :lol:

I purchased this one, when they were only a startup (or I should say before they were acquired by EA - unsure of details and company name change), 3 or 4 years ago and it's still looking amazing.

Quality of material and finish is top notch, but perhaps not big enough for him, not sure if they have anything else he might like.

Last edited:
I purchased this one, when they were only a startup (or I should say before they were acquired by EA - unsure of details and company name change), 3 or 4 years ago and it's still looking amazing.

Quality of material and finish is top notch, but perhaps not big enough for him, not sure if they have anything else he might like.
Nice looking wallet, thanks for the link. Again, didn’t really see anything with a spot to insert a photo wallet. I think maybe they are a thing of the past, obsolete.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You can buy the photo inserts separately. That may make it easier to find a nice wallet. Just add the photo insert after the fact.

Walmart and Amazon sell them.

You can buy the photo inserts separately. That may make it easier to find a nice wallet. Just add the photo insert after the fact.

Walmart and Amazon sell them.
Thank you, I did see them for sale on Amazon etc.
The problem I was having was finding a nice wallet that even had a spot for one, in addition to having lots of space for cards.
Most of the new wallets I checked out were more minimalist.

Guy with bad back. Now carry only a card case in left front pocket. Two credit cards, ID, insurance card.

++++++

Absolutely!!!!
  • Thin wallet on my right pocket. Minimalist, must have items only.
  • Thin smartphone on my left. Credit cards on Google Pay.
  • Car keys on my right pocket (House has combination lock doors so no need for a key).
I prefer a clean look. Wallet/phone/keys are small enough so looking at me from the front, my pockets aren't weighed down and it looks like there's nothing in them.... Opposite of the grandpa look... Huge, 2" thick wallet in the hip pocket, belt holster for a phone, another for glasses, janitor key chain with a couple of dozen keys/discount cards/bottle opener/etc, small coin purse, comb, pocket knife...

Pavlov wallets make my mouth water. There. I said it.

In all seriousness though I think wallets with an insert have become somewhat antiquated in a day where people keep more pictures of themselves in their phone. Even with the process of becoming phone pay options like Apple Wallet and Google Pay, it's probably more so true that minimalist design is acceptable. I hear high school kids don't even want yearbooks or senior pictures to trade these days.

As mentioned before, I think buying a quality fold from a good manufacturer that you like, and using a sold separately like this one, because I like that roll out effect like you always see in the movies:

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Acco...ID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=wallet+accordian

I gotta give another recommendation for Popov leather, their stuff is fantastic and their prices are extremely fair considering the quality of their work.
Hotchkiss Leather also does incredible work and will create custom stuff to whatever your specs.

Top Bottom