What's new

B&B LE Group buy *Presenting: The 2018 B&B Brown Leaf LE Pipe!*

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The one thing that will keep me from getting too antsy is knowing I have a one of a kind Larrysson commission to smoke until then :)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Sorry Whiskey Badger. That group buy pretty much matches up with when it stopped being produced. I know that one of the two that I bought did end up in our annual fund raiser to fight Cancer and I've seen a few more go that way. Keep an eye out it may appear again.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hi Gents, we surpassed last year with a total of 27 pipes. The numbers will be 1 to 28, but there will be no number 20 in honour of Bryant. Of the 27 pipes, 14 will have Ebonite stems, and 13 will have acrylic.

My son Isaac and myself will be heading the the airport this Thursday, on our way to the Chicago pipe show. We will get there Thursday evening and will be staying until Sunday. Isaac will be introducing his pipes for the very first time, an amazing achievement for a boy of 12 (but he does get Dad's help with a few bits). Please stop by and say hello!
How did the pipe show go?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
If I'm reading correctly we are on a six month timeline and the first month is about done. I'm guessing things start slowly? Maybe the wood / ebonite / etc. are all sourced . . .

Just guessing and maybe an update would be good at the end of May.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
If I'm reading correctly we are on a six month timeline and the first month is about done. I'm guessing things start slowly? Maybe the wood / ebonite / etc. are all sourced . . .

Just guessing and maybe an update would be good at the end of May.

Paul has a regular job and makes pipes on the side. Because this is a large order, he progresses in stages. Last year, he had a pipe progression thread. He mentioned that he'll be doing the same this year, so he might not have had a chance to start the pipes until the supplies come in. Not to mention the time to work on them.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Kinda what I read between the lines. No stress or rush. Would be nice to have a "where we are at" update a few times in the interim.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Kinda what I read between the lines. No stress or rush. Would be nice to have a "where we are at" update a few times in the interim.
We will get updates. The last time it was in steps- initial shaping of all pipes, then each step after once all pipes reached the same stage. Have no fear- Paul will keep us informed.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm going to go through my cellar in the next couple of weeks and dig out a few tins that everyone can vote on for a sample that will go out to everyone who bought a pipe. Stay tuned...

Ooo.. Do we have any update on a projected possible completion date on the pipes? Mostly asking to be on top of my budgeting, since I go on a two week vacation at the end of the month and need to know how much to not spend there. lol

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Ooo.. Do we have any update on a projected possible completion date on the pipes? Mostly asking to be on top of my budgeting, since I go on a two week vacation at the end of the month and need to know how much to not spend there. lol

As far as I know, the plan is still for October.

Top Bottom