What's new

Chatillon Lux noob-Impressed!

Picked up some Gratiot League Square splash off BST. My first CL product. Have to say that I’m impressed. Besides the great nourishing/moisturizing properties, this aftershave has some serious projection and longevity. At the 7 hour mark I could still clearly smell it (I used a dime sized splash on my face and one on my head). A little goes a very long way. I don’t know if all of their scents perform this way, I’m interested in their Pure Lavender. Has anyone tried that scent?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have the Declaration Grooming/CL Pure Lavender soap ... it smells and works amazing. I'd bet the matching AS is, too.

AA

I don't have the pure lavender, but I have Bon Vivant and Champs de Levande, and both of those have great longevity.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Now see, my order of Bon Vivant Chantillion Lux soap could not get here any faster. AUGGGHHH!!! the USPS tracking is out of order.

I believe I've got 19 different CL aftershave splashes (plus some backups) and almost as many salves. And seven EdTs. CL is king of the hill in my den. All the scents are amazing, and no other splash I've used has the same nourishing feel. Could not be more impressed.

My favorite scents are Y/R/P, Rose Santal, Catalan's Prairie and Blackberry Blossom Bay.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I agree on the staying power of gls
haven't used it in awhile but was sniffing it today and might get it back in the rotation. The scent is more unusual for me .Not sure I love it but it's interesting
the face feel is a 10 also.

I’ve only used one chatillion lux product/aftershave. It was balsamic colonia IIRC. The face feel and ingredients were nice but the scent wasn’t my cup of tea. It always made me hesitant to buy/try other scents so I never did. (I have enough crap anyway).

The AS was nice just the scent to me.

Last edited:
Spring/Summer in a bottle. I’ve only had it since yesterday and only 2 uses into it. Excellent skin conditioning and a scent that is just amazing. Longevity is killer for an aftershave splash to be honest. I applied this stuff almost 5 hours ago and it still is lingering with good trailing whiffs and projection. Floral, citrusy but in a masculine way. Just an excellent aftershave, period.

5BFDB58C-BEEB-4937-A67F-B8F8ABEC5F9A.jpeg

Spring/Summer in a bottle. I’ve only had it since yesterday and only 2 uses into it. Excellent skin conditioning and a scent that is just amazing. Longevity is killer for an aftershave splash to be honest. I applied this stuff almost 5 hours ago and it still is lingering with good trailing whiffs and projection. Floral, citrusy but in a masculine way. Just an excellent aftershave, period.

View attachment 886451

Glad you got yourself into some Chatillon Lux, Gus. I’m sporting the Y/R/P EdT today, and I used the Colbeck splash this morning. Y/R/P is a tremendous scent.

I’m sitting two barstools down from a young woman who told me, “You smell very nice.” At first I thought, “Uh oh, I’m that guy who wears too much fragrance.” Then I realized she had just walked past me on her way back from the bathroom. I thanked her, and she said it smelled like leather and light Patchouli. She also said she wanted some. Lucky I left it in the office, or I might have offered it to her.

What am I wearing? Gratiot League Square EdT, Of course. One spray, several hours ago. If attractive 20-somethings with green hair, tattoos and facial piercings find it attractive, how can I argue?

I’m sitting two barstools down from a young woman who told me, “You smell very nice.” At first I thought, “Uh oh, I’m that guy who wears too much fragrance.” Then I realized she had just walked past me on her way back from the bathroom. I thanked her, and she said it smelled like leather and light Patchouli. She also said she wanted some. Lucky I left it in the office, or I might have offered it to her.

What am I wearing? Gratiot League Square EdT, Of course. One spray, several hours ago. If attractive 20-somethings with green hair, tattoos and facial piercings find it attractive, how can I argue?

That’s what I’m talking about!!! One spray and she picked up those scent cues? She knows her stuff and that edt is bringing it..... Come get some Seattle!!! :punk:

Gus, she did admit she has a good nose for scents--obviously. I love this Chatillon Lux stuff... It's up to you to entertain the young green-haired women in New Jersey with Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli!

Gratiot League Square Follow up:

Went to doctor’s office today. They led me down a short hallway into a room. 5 minutes later the nurse walks out into the hall from her office and says, “What smells like perfume?” I said it was probably my aftershave, she replied that it smelled good. This was 2 hours after applying a single quarter sized between my head and face. This stuff is like aftershave concentrate. 8 hours later I could still smell it in the shower AFTER I washed my face. I swear it’s at least EdT strong. Might need to cut it with some water from now on.

Top Bottom