What's new

DIY AS Chronicles; Crystallized Mt Gay

I have some Mt Gay rum leftover from my drinking days, so I poured a little rum into an eyedropper bottle (~1 oz) I had on hand that holds about a shot. I crunched up a little bit of cinnamon stick, allspice, ground pepper and clove and added some culinary vanilla. I let 'er steep for a week+.

At about the same time I had another bottle with some Lucky Tiger Bay Rum to which I'd added some menthol crystal - which I liked a lot!

I strained the home spiced bottle with a coffee filter & poured into a larger brown bottle (~4 oz). I also poured the crystallized Lucky Tiger in with it to dilute the rum from becoming too sticky. I also added a few squirts of aloe vera gel. Shook it up to get the gel mostly into solution and splashed it on. I like it!

I may fill the 4 oz bottle to the top with Lucky Tiger. I bet it won't "dilute" the effects that much and may improve it. It's just right though, at first impression. I wouldn't want to lose anything either.

Teaser DIY AS Chronicles; Night Splash
Have you had the desire for a bed time AS-style splash , just because you want to splash on some something like you do after your shave (but not necessarily aftershave per se), despite not shaving before bed? I've been thinking about a night splash, so I just mixed this up: generous squirts of aloe vera gel (3 or 4 good pumps), vodka, lavender essential oil and a good sized menthol crystal. I wonder how this will pan out?

@Ad Astra I need to get some Florida Water. It is not found up here in Michigan pharmacies. I'll have to have amazon deliver it on one of their rockets. I think FL water would be a nice home for some menthol crystals!

First I need to use up my ample raw supplies: more vodka than I ever should've had, about a jigger of rum, 1.5 bottles of Osage Rub and about 1/2 a bottle of Lucky Tiger Bay Rum.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
FW makes a great (though stinging) aftershave, when you add a few drops of glycerin to it.

It's alleged FW causes vivid dreams; it's also said to be used by santeria novitiates ... it may have powers!

AA

Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't a "Herbie Hemp Shave Soap" yet. :1eye: :alien: :confused1 :cool1:

Unless there is ... :07:

AA
You obviously haven’t tried Catie’s Bubbles Quatre Cent Vingt.... It’s not my choice of scents for the day, but the scent is pretty well done.

Top Bottom