What's new

The Great Lavender PASS AROUND

We're getting to the end of the line. Anyone else interested? @shavefan, does the timing work for you now?

01. imcnok (finished)
02. Grundi (finished)
03. JLDallas (finished)
04. Schinny (finished)
05. NyquistRate (en route)
06. Shave Pastor

Last edited:
Woohoo! Package arrived tonight. I was able to sniff a few before heading to leave for supper.

01. imcnok (finished)
02. Grundi (finished)
03. JLDallas (finished)
04. Schinny (finished)
05. NyquistRate (holding)
06. Shave Pastor

01. imcnok (finished)
02. Grundi (finished)
03. JLDallas (finished)
04. Schinny (finished)
06. Shave Pastor
07. Mceuph75

061D56CE-11CC-4D5A-853B-DAFD4335A718.jpeg

01. imcnok (finished)
02. Grundi (finished)
03. JLDallas (finished)
04. Schinny (finished)
06. Shave Pastor
07. Mceuph75
08. Spivito

This looks awesome! I can’t believe I didn’t see it until now!

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

01. imcnok (finished)
02. Grundi (finished)
03. JLDallas (finished)
04. Schinny (finished)
05. NyquistRate (shipped)
06. Shave Pastor(awaiting)
07. Mceuph75
08. Spivito

There are some great soaps here to discover!! And some really nice lavender and lavender mix!!

For sure! I'll post some thoughts soon.

Box has arrived! First shave will be tomorrow morning with L&L sample.

Initial observations from sniffing:
-I think I like Lavender scented soap
-My favorite scent of all of them is B&M followed by Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark. Both incredible scents.

I hope that Lavender is something that doesn't burn my face, so I am looking forward to trying these samples out.

Many thanks to @bobmsp!!

Ok, first shave was......... excellent!! I am so glad I got a chance to try the L&L soap. I had been wanting to for a while now. The Bison tallow base not disappoint!

Lather was slick, creamy, yogurty consistency. And it did not give the slightest hint of irritation or burn sensation (even while shaving a sunburned face). Oh this stuff was excellent.

The scent kinda grew on me as well. It's not as good as B&M Reserve Lavender (there's something magical in that stuff that is off the charts AMAZING as far as scent IMO) but this Champs de Lavande was still decent enough. It definitely is on my want list in another scent--maybe Bandwagon.

Razor was Rockwell 6s using plate 4 for wtg pass & xtg pass, then plate 2 for final atg pass. This is also a new blade for me--it's every bit as good as my all time favorite GSB. BBS for today baby!
2018-05-21 20.34.09.jpg

Next up: B&M Lavender

Last edited:
Second shave: B&M Reserve Lavender

Another fantastic shave! What can I say concerning performance that hasn't already been said before. I think we all know the reserve base is excellent & checks all the boxes. Slickness is amazing, cusion, density, face feel, post shave--all excellent. And to my benefit, I found another one that doesn't burn me.

For me my biggest impression is the scent. WOW!! This scent instantly just made my top 5 favorite all time scents. And in the Lavender genre-- it is unparalleled IMO. It's that good.

Next up: Wild West Laramie

Initial observations from sniffing:
-I think I like Lavender scented soap
For me my biggest impression is the scent. WOW!! This scent instantly just made my top 5 favorite all time scents. And in the Lavender genre-- it is unparalleled IMO. It's that good.
This was my reaction to lavender scented soaps, too!! I like the lavender scented soaps!! Not sure who named lavender...lavender...since it doesn't smell like its name - sounds like it should be a pastel pink. But it's definitely not a foofy scent at all, but a nice, spicy, slightly floral/anise scent!!

Third shave: Wild West Shaving Co. "Laramie"

I was pretty excited to try this one & have been wanting to try this brand for awhile now (mostly because of the WWSC brotherhood thread here).

First the scent: I really enjoyed this one. It was a little milder & sort of just in the background. But that's ok.

The lather was good, but not as good as Stirling IMO (my benchmark soap for judging others). It was just a good uneventful shave.

Next up: First Canadian "Hot Summer Lavender"

Top Bottom