What's new

New Awesome aftershave!!!

E00BC4CC-9CDB-4379-A74B-E62A8C4C2CD7.jpeg
Fellow B&B member @Mullen88 sent me a bottle of his up coming aftershave lineup that is launching soon through his new company. It is Frankinlime and it is wonderful. FrankinLime - Frankincense, Lime, Pink Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, and Rose using nothing but essential oils and it is frosted which means menthol. I love menthol!!! It is a complete winner for summer.

I have been enjoying FrankinLime since the artisan was generous enough to share a sample bottle with me. I don't normally gravitate toward citrusy scents, but upon first use I felt this one was something special. I find the scent wonderful and very versatile. My personal favourite is pairing it with Wickham 1912's Club Cola. But the real surprise was what a top-performing splash this was. IMHO it rivals B&M Reserve. Very soothing (with but a hint of alcohol) and skin nourishing, it produces a consistently fabulous post-shave feel. I have no stake in this company and I have never met the artisan behind Maol Grooming, but I believe he has produced a top tier aftershave tonic here, and if his other scents are as good as this one, I expect his products will sell very well. I for one intend to buy more!

Want!!

At first when I started DE shaving over a year ago, it was the razor rabbit hole I fell into. Then soaps. Then brushes. But here most lately it's been aftershaves. This sounds like some really excellent stuff!

What's the strength and longevity of the scent?
From my perspective with FrankenLime, scent strength is moderate, maybe 4.5, and it dissipates rather quickly, like within the hour. However it remains close to the skin for a couple more hours. It is a nice clean, versatile citrus-like scent with interesting depth. The post-shave feel is amazing, I quickly forget that I even shaved at all because there is zero irritation (considering a decent shave) and the skin comes out so well nourished. As I see it, Tallow & Steel is an example of another artisan producing splashes of this calibre.

I considered getting a fresh bottle of FrankenLime, but I still have some remaining, so I have my eye on that Marlogue Wood now!

How does this compare to kramperts frost bite? They both have Frankincense and are menthol. Kramperts is great stuff.

I ordered the Heliopteris aftershave yesterday, in menthol, and am very much looking forward to it. Has anyone tried this one? I hope it’s going well for you, @Mullen88!

Top Bottom