What's new

Show us your container for Haslinger soaps

Have a Haslinger refill and need to find an appropriate container for it - not too big to prevent soap slipping around.

What are you using?

You know everyone likes photos.

proxy.php

@burg1198 That's a good idea. I'm not too keen on grating the soap though - at least not unless I want to create a mix.

@Bobcat Very nice photo - as always. Wish I had this view.
What was originally in the tub?

My preference is a Vintage OS Mug! The only problem is that I cannot find enough for my Haslinger’s pucks.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Since Haslinger has little smell to lose through air exposure, the marigold lives in an open mug ... this one (pic not mine)

proxy.php

AA

I either use a container from another soap or an Anchor Hocking glass container.
upload_2018-4-23_7-19-30.png

The Haslinger Schafmilch soap is a container that held this soap.
upload_2018-4-23_7-21-3.png

I usually grate two soap pucks up and put them in one container. I never have a problem with the pucks moving around.

Here is another view of the Anchor Hocking container.

upload_2018-4-23_7-23-42.png

The Container Store sells little metal tins with tight-fitting lids. I don't have Haslinger in one but rather a Fine puck. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Seaforth mug, which has a smaller internal diameter than an Old Spice mug.

Really, any wide-mouthed 10 oz. coffee mug should do the trick. You need the taper at the bottom, but enough room up top to get the brush in.

A quick question about my Haslinger pictured above in post #14: I noticed on the label mine says "mit Bio- Schafmilch & Lanolin" while everyone else's is "mit Schafmilch & Lanolin" without the Bio part. Also the label is different visually with a smaller Sheep at the bottom instead of the middle. Is this the label for the newer tallow free formula? I'm pretty sure mine is tallow since the ingredients say potassium tallowate, but this different label has me confused. I got it from Maggards right before they ran out of the tallow version when there was a buying frenzy.

A quick question about my Haslinger pictured above in post #14: I noticed on the label mine says "mit Bio- Schafmilch & Lanolin" while everyone else's is "mit Schafmilch & Lanolin" without the Bio part. Also the label is different visually with a smaller Sheep at the bottom instead of the middle. Is this the label for the newer tallow free formula? I'm pretty sure mine is tallow since the ingredients say potassium tallowate, but this different label has me confused. I got it from Maggards right before they ran out of the tallow version when there was a buying frenzy.

I just pulled my spare puck out to check. Mine is tallow version that I got from Merz Apothecary.
proxy.php

Top Bottom