What's new

If you had to purchase one high end brush what would it be?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thanks every one for the recommendations and the input. I found a great deal on a Chubby 1 Best Hair on Amazon with free 2 day shipping for $104.00 went with it. Looking forward to lathering that puppy up!!! Happy Shaving!!!!

Excellent choice indeed, Sir. :a14:

if it must be Paladin, let me recommend mine. I bought it rather sight unseen because when I had the money and was willing to part with it - it was the only one to choose. I've since come to decide it's a damn nice brush. El Dorado, 28mm knot, bulb pattern, faux white ivory.

If you want a Simpson, as a face latherer, The Duke in size 2, super if you can, best is pretty darn impressive anywho.
(I personally like the Emperor's and size 2 is great balance of luxury and conservative use of software.)

A Rooney Emillion 1 is really nice too.

all the above are badger and do not need to be defended

but heck, BAD will keep after you and it has years to do it's work...
(LoL I just saw the 20 minutes ago post from Marco. /smile)

Any Simpsons brush with a Manchurian knot or any brush with a Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger knot will do you proud. On the softer side, Plisson High Mountain White is like nothing else I've used.

Size matters, but don't assume that a wide, dense knot will be best. Some of us prefer smaller knots for their precision in spreading lather and less dense knots for a luxurious feel. A little "scratch" isn't always a bad thing either.

I’ve found that “high-end” in the brush department does not equal a better experience. Especially when it comes to face lathering. My favourite knots are all synthetic and include Tuxedo, SilkSmoke, and Timberwolf. I pretty much exclusively face lather with shave soap and in my opinion a quality $50 artisanal handle and synth knot outperforms a pricey badger every time. That being said, like @BigJ, I just ordered one of the RV/Shavemac Group Buy brushes and eagerly await its arrival. We’ll see if it can change my mind. My other badgers weren’t able to.

I was wondering when the BAD was going to kick in for you. Happy hunting.

I tried synthetics a while ago and I wasn't completely sold on the idea so I got two custom shavemac brushes. They are beautiful brushes, no arguments there but I wouldn't buy another high end badger brush. Why not? You might ask, I think they are very nice brushes and they do a good job BUT I get the same satisfaction and more from a humble Razorock synthetic brush, I think the latest generation of synthetics do it for me to my satisfaction.
YMMV

Paladin all the way. I love mine. I have a couple. I no longer want for any other brush. I face lather and they work and feel great.

I used my Elite Razor Manchurian today and it was nice. If you like a beautiful handle in various materials including wood, stone and resin (sometimes combining two materials) this website is worth checking out. You can have a high end knot of your choice set in the handle.

I also like the offerings of Turtleship Shave Co. though I have never used one. They use synthetic knots and the handles are visually stunning.

I also like the offerings of Turtleship Shave Co. though I have never used one. They use synthetic knots and the handles are visually stunning.

I have a Turtleship Badger and it’s quite nice. Still prefer synthetics but it performs well. Handle is just awesome.

0EF4596E-30EF-4B70-AC9A-80088ECDE421.jpeg

After trying many brushes over the past few years, my favorite is now Shavemac D01 Silvertip. Density is outstanding. Face feel is sublime. Backbone of other brand's finest or two band with the tips of the most luxurious three bands.

Envy Shave has a luxury Silvertip that feels similar but the one I bought a couple of years ago never stopped losing a couple hairs every shave. Not really a shedder in my mind but it annoyed me enough that I gave up on it.

Shavemac D01 Silvertip
Paladin
Simpsons Manchurian or two band Silvertip

I'd buy any one of those if I could have only one.

I already have the best luxury brush I could buy. It is a three-year-old Shavemac D01 2-Band knot (33x51mm) set into a custom Doug Korn Faux Vintage Ivory C7 handle.
These D01 2-Band knots with the proper proportions are simply superb, in my opinion. Nevertheless, there is a plethora of great brushes being offered, at the moment.
Good luck.

Top Bottom