What's new

Mingoose 3 pc Injector razor

I have two of the blades on me, personna and (chinese) schick brand. In my injectors, I have had excellent results with schick brand but personna always has been meh at best.

I have two of the blades on me, personna and (chinese) schick brand. In my injectors, I have had excellent results with schick brand but personna always has been meh at best.

The japanese schick and twins are my favourite. I do find the persona serviceable and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schick Proline B-20 is the correct size/type for injector razors.
Schick Proline P-30 is the type thats used for AC razors and Straights.

The B-20 should fit this razor just fine without cutting it down in size, and I'm guessing the holes should be in the right place.
Thats my reckoning too. Just wonder if a Twin Schick might fit ?

New shave update: Very good results today although I have had my doubts due to some blade choices. I am not using the mingoose everyday. For me the personna blade in the mingoose is a no go. It just felt bad and it does so in my injectors as well. I used a new schick blade this morning and a very nice shave. Some mornings things go great and other mornings, not so much. I guess my whiskers hydrate on their time :) Now I need to use this blade for at least 5 days in a row and make sure all is well. Hard to do if you have other razors that you want to use as well. I do think the mingoose is a nice razor blade holder still.

I am beginning to think that this razor may be somewhat blade dependent (insert shocked face :117:) so I will be picking up some of the proline B-20 blades to try those out. Thanks to those who suggested this. It is possible that my difficulties from before have been due to "dull" blades. I have also revised my angle with the razor to take a more direct approach and not ride the angle portion of the cap. This razor is not an injector and needs fine tuning like any other one somebody might use. I like injectors because the razor would allow for blade placement almost parallel to the skin, aka steep angle. This works very well for my skin but the mingoose is not this at all.

I don't know if a "twin-jector" will fit given that the blade is now positioned into place via a screw instead of held in by a spring tension like injectors. I changed to SE and DE razors to avoid ingrowns due to multiple blades so I am not even interested in that route.

New shave update: Very good results today although I have had my doubts due to some blade choices. I am not using the mingoose everyday. For me the personna blade in the mingoose is a no go. It just felt bad and it does so in my injectors as well. I used a new schick blade this morning and a very nice shave. Some mornings things go great and other mornings, not so much. I guess my whiskers hydrate on their time :) Now I need to use this blade for at least 5 days in a row and make sure all is well. Hard to do if you have other razors that you want to use as well. I do think the mingoose is a nice razor blade holder still.

I am beginning to think that this razor may be somewhat blade dependent (insert shocked face :117:) so I will be picking up some of the proline B-20 blades to try those out. Thanks to those who suggested this. It is possible that my difficulties from before have been due to "dull" blades. I have also revised my angle with the razor to take a more direct approach and not ride the angle portion of the cap. This razor is not an injector and needs fine tuning like any other one somebody might use. I like injectors because the razor would allow for blade placement almost parallel to the skin, aka steep angle. This works very well for my skin but the mingoose is not this at all.

I don't know if a "twin-jector" will fit given that the blade is now positioned into place via a screw instead of held in by a spring tension like injectors. I changed to SE and DE razors to avoid ingrowns due to multiple blades so I am not even interested in that route.
I have been in touch with Maggards who say it will not take a Twin blade.

Thank you for an interesting review and the blade selection criteria. Looking forward to receiving mine soon.

Update: I decided to sell off the mingoose. It is a very nice razor but it just did not excite me enough to want to use it as a daily razor. It did not improve anything for me over other SE's or my limited DE stash but it is just different. Every time I used it I kept getting weepers (at least one) per shave and that is something that just does not happen for me with my others. I tried both schick regular and proline blades and had the same results. Next time I will wait a bit more before buying brand new products as the risk is there to be a bit disappointed. If you like the RR hawk then I think you will like the mingoose. I did have the hawk but again no excitement. IMO, the injector design for SE's has not been bettered.

I agree with the frankenrazor. I end up polishing the satin heads to match the polished razor. I ended up selling all my mongooses, very poor quality finish on stainless models. See the CNC blade chatter and then trying to fix. I was always going back to my ATT SE1.

Polished work on Mongoose
proxy.php

Polished work ATT and stork buldog
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 ¢. The MiniGoose is my favorite Schick style razor although I struggle with the Schick Blades. I have the Supply Razor with all 3 plates and a vintage G4 Route 66. The Schick blades are generally hard on my neck (weeper city). I have used the Personna Ted Pella and also Proline blades. The format of the MiniGoose was much closer to what I am used to so the shaves improved greatly. With a light touch it yielded a very close shave beyond what I typically get from a DE blade. It is my understanding that the stock at Maggards is the last of this production run and an aluminum or additional production runs are not on the table. In short, I am glad to own one.

Top Bottom