What's new

Schick Type O is Being Produced Again

Wait a minute. The made in Japan Schick Injector Type O was sold in America with 5 Schick Injector blades, and the whole shebang only cost $3.99 as recently as 15 years ago?

That can't be correct. There must be a mistake somewhere.

Today is October 21st, not April 1st.

Wait a minute. The made in Japan Schick Injector Type O was sold in America with 5 Schick Injector blades, and the whole shebang only cost $3.99 as recently as 15 years ago?

That can't be correct. There must be a mistake somewhere.

Today is October 21st, not April 1st.

I have seen photos of the Japanese blister packs of the Type O Schicks, but as I understand it, they were not available for commercial sale in the US. It was not even advertised in the US, but Schick supposedly would sell you a Type O in a plain plastic bag if you called an unlisted corporate telephone number and requested one. My Type O came in a plain plastic bag with no blades, no card, and no instructions, so I assume that the story is true. I bought mine on eBay, not directly from Schick, so I can't absolutely verify the story, but I'm confident that my Type O is authentic. I also can't verify the original price, but I paid a lot more than $3.99 for mine four years ago. It's all very mysterious.

The Wilkinson Sword Bonded razor was the first cartridge razor.

I used one of those Wilkinson Bonded Blade razors in my Freshman year in college. I remember it being a very good razor--about as good as my Schick injectors at the time. It's too bad that the other manufacturers went crazy in multiplying blades and whatnot else.

I used one of those Wilkinson Bonded Blade razors in my Freshman year in college. I remember it being a very good razor--about as good as my Schick injectors at the time. It's too bad that the other manufacturers went crazy in multiplying blades and whatnot else.
I have about ten, I must try it sometime as I also have about 150 carts :001_rolle

Always blame the brits i say ! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a type o clone from eBarbershop this Sunday 4/22/18. Do you guys think I’ll have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery like some other gents have posted in B&B? Does anyone have a working phone number for them?

Sent from the future.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just ordered a type o clone from eBarbershop this Sunday 4/22/18. Do you guys think I’ll have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery like some other gents have posted in B&B? Does anyone have a working phone number for them?

Sent from the future.

upload_2018-4-25_14-53-54.png

I don't even know where to buy the mug.

The razor will arrive suddenly. Go ahead and order TWIN blades if you don't have them already.

upload_2018-4-25_14-56-19.png

Happy shaves,

Jim

@Chan Eli Whiskers
LMAO!! That mug is hilarious!
I got the point though, have a little patience. My patience will be tested, I didn’t order blades with the razor. now another 2-3 week wait until the Schick II blades come in from japan. Smh. I’ll just order some Schick single blades from a vendor on the bay in the U.S. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from the future.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eli Whiskers
LMAO!! That mug is hilarious!
I got the point though, have a little patience. My patience will be tested, I didn’t order blades with the razor. now another 2-3 week wait until the Schick II blades come in from japan. Smh. I’ll just order some Schick single blades from a vendor on the bay in the U.S. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from the future.

I use the Schick Chick (not the TWIN) in my Type E-2 and I've been very pleased with it. Of course, part of what I'm pleased with is the razor.

I've used my Schick Type O (not the clone, the original) with the blade it came with from its previous owner, probably a Chick. I was pleased with the shave.

I was also freaked out because the shave was by mistake. I thought I was using my Type O clone. I would never use a used razor blade, but I did. Having done considerable study of the matter and having consulted with a brother far more up on infectious disease stuff and microbiology than me I feel pretty sure I won't, er, haven't contract(ed) an illness because of my mistake.

Schick Chicks are also available on Amazon, at some drugstore chains, etc. I do prefer the TWIN if the razor will take it. The E-3 will not.

Happy shaves,

Jim

When I came back from Vietnam in January 1971, I was assigned to the Army ceremonial unit in DC and was using a Slim with Wilkinson blades. I saw an ad in a newspaper for the Bonded Blade and when it showed up in the PX picked one up. What a nice shave! I used it until the blades became unavailable. So I switched to a Trac II. They were nice but not at all as the Bonded Blade. I sure would like it if it came back. That Bonded Blade was one nice system.

When I came back from Vietnam in January 1971, I was assigned to the Army ceremonial unit in DC and was using a Slim with Wilkinson blades. I saw an ad in a newspaper for the Bonded Blade and when it showed up in the PX picked one up. What a nice shave! I used it until the blades became unavailable. So I switched to a Trac II. They were nice but not at all as the Bonded Blade. I sure would like it if it came back. That Bonded Blade was one nice system.

It would probably be the best travel razor you could get.

My eBarbershop injector razor came in today. Woohooo!! Looks really good. I like the weight of it. It’s top heavy, but that’s a good thing. The balance of it reminds me of my merkur 34G. Just another day or so until the blades (chicks) get to Walgreens.

Sent from the future.

My eBarbershop injector razor came in today. Woohooo!! Looks really good. I like the weight of it. It’s top heavy, but that’s a good thing. The balance of it reminds me of my merkur 34G. Just another day or so until the blades (chicks) get to Walgreens.

Sent from the future.
You will probably find that it will give you a very mild shave with the Chicks. It may take a bit of work, but be very comfortable if you want BBS. However, if you get some of the Japanese Schick Injector II twin blades, that is a world of difference, they transform the razor into a super-efficient, smooth shaving machine. The consensus here is pretty much a great combo.

Top Bottom