• Double-Guillotine

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Single-Guillotine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • V-Clipper

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Punch

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Bench saw (Ok my dad is a carpenter, this actually works for Toscanos)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Whatever is around

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I don't smoke cigars much, but when I do I usually use the basic $2.00 double-guillotine. I've got a cheap single-guillotine/v-cutter combo coming in my CI order, so I'm eager to try that.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'm a fan of the Xikar cutters. They work well and when they dull I just send it back. I also have a punch cutter on my keychain. I'm currently looking for a good cat's eye (v-cutter).

I have a Xikar V cutter and it’s very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Those are some great locations to be deployed! I'm assuming near Vicenza? Was there recently :).

Actually I was stationed in La Maddalena, a small island off the coast of Italy. I was there 4 years. The 3 or 4 times I was in Spain was during some kind of deployment (Rota 2 or 3 times, Tarragona once). Sadly, i never made it to Vicenza. I did make it all over Sardegna, Corsica, Naples, Rome and Milan. In fact, I met my now wife in Rome at the Termani train platform there.

R/
Dave

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Depends on the cigar.

For torpedoes, I prefer to cut a V into the side about 1/4-3/8” from the end and 90 degrees to the axis. Works like a Peterson or Savenelli pipe bit. Directs the smoke to the roof of your mouth and absorbs the tars in the tip. Makes for a very pleasant smoke right to the end.

For everything else I like a punch, which is conveniently located on my key ring.

Actually I was stationed in La Maddalena, a small island off the coast of Italy. I was there 4 years. The 3 or 4 times I was in Spain was during some kind of deployment (Rota 2 or 3 times, Tarragona once). Sadly, i never made it to Vicenza. I did make it all over Sardegna, Corsica, Naples, Rome and Milan. In fact, I met my now wife in Rome at the Termani train platform there.

R/
Dave

Amazing, I'm glad you enjoyed Italy! I hope to do the opposite of my ancestors and move BACK there one day ;).

Depends on the cigar.

For torpedoes, I prefer to cut a V into the side about 1/4-3/8” from the end and 90 degrees to the axis. Works like a Peterson or Savenelli pipe bit. Directs the smoke to the roof of your mouth and absorbs the tars in the tip. Makes for a very pleasant smoke right to the end.

For everything else I like a punch, which is conveniently located on my key ring.

Another interesting technique that's new to me! I'm glad I started this thread!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Depends on the cigar.

That’s a novel way to cut a cigar. Reminds of the way I used to punch my chisel tip LFD’s. I’ll try that.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
That’s a novel way to cut a cigar. Reminds of the way I used to punch my chisel tip LFD’s. I’ll try that.

I wish I could find a video link on this. I learned about it while spending some time at a cigar shop in Maryland. You need a very sharp knife to make the cut, which is also similar to a V notch used to cut down a tree.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Got my CI order today, including a v/single-guillotine combo cutter, so I tried my first v-cut tonight. I like it.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Bruno:
proxy.php
I prepare cigars by cutting a small hole in the head (thus preserving the 'cap'...but with Perfectos or Figurados vitola's...
I use my teeth to 'snip' [i.e., my incisors...like many people in and from Cuba
proxy.php
], these formats), with my small 14K (engraved with my initials...CBJ), penknife;

My Cigar Cutter - 1.JPG
My Cigar Cutter.JPG

The dimensions are 5½in long with blade & file extended, 2½in long with blade & file not extended, blade & file are 1½in long and the body is ½in wide.

which is attached to a 14K gold-filled double chain on one end and attached to the other end is my 1936 Longines 14K Pocket Watch (engraved with the words "A Wrist Watch merely Tells Time...A Pocket Watch Tells a Story" including my full name and birth date) . The chain has four (4), Catholic & one (1) Lucky charm attached and has a 'Mustard Seed' as the
Watch Fob.

full

proxy.php
“The cigar [cutter] is the perfect complement to an elegant lifestyle”. French Author George Sands

Last edited:
Avid cigar smoker here for many years. I've tried them all and settled on the humble scissor cutter from my Wenger Victorian knife golf tool (it contains the scissor cutter for the 'after the last hole' cigar smoke).

Chris

Bruno:
proxy.php
I prepare cigars by cutting a small hole in the head (thus preserving the 'cap'...but with Perfectos or Figurados vitola's...
I use my teeth to 'snip' [i.e., my incisors...like many people in and from Cuba
proxy.php
], these formats), with my small 14K (engraved with my initials...CBJ), penknife;

View attachment 871049 View attachment 871050
The dimensions are 5½in long with blade & file extended, 2½in long with blade & file not extended, blade & file are 1½in long and the body is ½in wide.

which is attached to a 14K gold-filled double chain on one end and attached to the other end is my 1936 Longines 14K Pocket Watch (engraved with the words "A Wrist Watch merely Tells Time...A Pocket Watch Tells a Story" including my full name and birth date) . The chain has four (4), Catholic & one (1) Lucky charm attached and has a 'Mustard Seed' as the
Watch Fob.

full

proxy.php
“The cigar [cutter] is the perfect complement to an elegant lifestyle”. French Author George Sands

Great everyday carry! It compliments your clever monicker on B&B @The Count of Merkur Cristo!

I have to check out that tool!

Unfortunately, I don't think Wenger makes multi-tools anymore. It sometimes comes up on ebay, I think.

I bought mine about 15 years ago when Wenger competed with Victorinox. I don't know if Victorinox offers a similar tool but it may be worth checking into.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Top Bottom