Pastrami or corned beef?

Pastrami or corned beef?

• Pastrami

• Corned Beef

Results are only viewable after voting.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Pastrami.
The question could be "Are you a loud man, or a quiet man?" Allow me to explain.
My friend Jim is the loudest man I know. Possibly the loudest man I have ever met. We were working in the operating room one day, as is our custom. The discussion came to lunch. The circulating nurse took orders for a local sandwich shop. Since Jim had been called upstairs to the ward, the surgeon asked "What should we get for Jim? Does anyone know what he likes?"
The patient, an elderly woman who was apparently asleep, suddenly spoke: "He'll take pastrami."
We were startled. The surgeon asked her, "How do you know he likes pastrami? Do you know him?"
"No," said the patient, with absolute self-assurance. "But he is a loud man. And loud men always prefer pastrami."
When Jim returned, we asked him if he likes pastrami. He said yes, he loves it. But how did we know that?
In light of the above, make mine.....

PASTRAMI

Pastrami, brown deli mustard, light caraway Jewish rye... with a potato knish on the side... washed down with a Dr. Browns Cel-Ray soda pop. Or a beer. I'm a very happy man.

Pastrami, brown deli mustard, light caraway Jewish rye... with a potato knish on the side... washed down with a Dr. Browns Cel-Ray soda pop. Or a beer. I'm a very happy man.

Yum. I made some corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty's day (good jew that I am). The next few days after that were fueled by some jewish rye, Gulden's spicy brown mustard and strips of corned beef. Usually these feasts took place after the wife and kid went to bed so I wouldn't have to hear them both tell me "you don't need that you know." And "you shouldn't be eating so late." Of course I know that. It's what glutton's do.

pastrami for sure but difficult to find out here; shenson's corned beef is wonderful for that side

Cannot find red plate pastrami in florida, just black, so when i go back to new england i pick up 6-7 lbs and freeze it and bring it home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yum. I made some corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty's day (good jew that I am). The next few days after that were fueled by some jewish rye, Gulden's spicy brown mustard and strips of corned beef. Usually these feasts took place after the wife and kid went to bed so I wouldn't have to hear them both tell me "you don't need that you know." And "you shouldn't be eating so late." Of course I know that. It's what glutton's do.

When I was a kid my Dad used to take me and not my sister... she went elsewhere with my Mom... to either Katzs or another Kosher Deli and I would get the Pastrami et al that I posted and My Dad got the corned beef. He loved corned beef so much that he told me that he wished his last meal would be corned beef on light rye with mustard. He found the Pastrami a bit too 'spicy '. However, after we started eating the sandwiches, Dad would say to me... 'give me a bite, I want to see how the Pastrami is today'. HE COULD NOT RESIST.

Moral of the story... both corned beef AND pastrami are delicious. And... it's the memories that make the moments alive.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In my house, we call that a number two.

just started fermenting Spanish chorizo, got bacon curing and two types of coppa curing... it is 4 in the morning and my dayjob starts soon- and it is concentrating deadlines... Pastrami gets my vote- my meat must noe be worth it..................... but yes from ex pro point of view, pastrami goes 5 star where corned does not.

I realize I might have gone pork on a Jewish thread, but proper pastrami and coppa becomes similar in making... Apologised if anybody offended, not the intention... used to be a true chef accommodating anybody...

Top Bottom