What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

have you shave with the B&P? i find it difficult to see what i am doing and have had some trouble keeping the angle correct. I do think it is easy to shave for example n-s then s-n with the other side for a quick 2 pass shave, it is just that the razor seems to be hidden behind my hand as i shave.
Will when I have time to try it unhurriedly. Any tips?

Will when I have time to try it unhurriedly. Any tips?
i am not sure, for me it was easiest to handle between my thumb and middle finger, and basically it is hidden by my hand when looking in the mirror. i found that in general i could shave up and down in one pass like the karate kid
<iframe src="Karate Kid GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="330" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="Karate Kid GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY">via GIPHY</a></p>

i am not sure, for me it was easiest to handle between my thumb and middle finger, and basically it is hidden by my hand when looking in the mirror. i found that in general i could shave up and down in one pass like the karate kid
<iframe src="Karate Kid GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="330" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="Karate Kid GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY">via GIPHY</a></p>
:thumbup:
giphy.gif

Awesome. I am on the hunt for one of those right now. I just picked up a ratty one in a lot that I plan to have replated, but I'd like to find one in original condition.
Keep on looking there are plenty of Gillette Red Tip in good condition, you may have to pay a little bit more.

Spied this on the bay last week. Wrong description so I picked it up for £15 delivered to my door. I'm guessing 1950's red Gillette TV case but the razor is ( I think) a 1962 British Gillette rocket. The weight is approximately 62 be (2.25oz) and it has pat 694093 in side. Any one disagree? Or know better?

Does it have the "II" on the underside of the base plate beside the handle and is that TTO knob exactly the same diameter as the handle? (It looks like it but can't be sure from the picture). If yes, that's a type of Rocket know as a "Parat".

"Does it have the "II" on the underside of the base plate beside the handle and is that TTO knob exactly the same diameter as the handle? (It looks like it but can't be sure from the picture). If yes, that's a type of Rocket know as a "Parat"."

Sweet it does indeed have 11 on the under side and the TTO knob is the same size as the handle. What makes these Parat razor so different then. Mine says made in e gland and I thought the parat was german.

"Does it have the "II" on the underside of the base plate beside the handle and is that TTO knob exactly the same diameter as the handle? (It looks like it but can't be sure from the picture). If yes, that's a type of Rocket know as a "Parat"."

Sweet it does indeed have 11 on the under side and the TTO knob is the same size as the handle. What makes these Parat razor so different then. Mine says made in e gland and I thought the parat was german.

Honestly I'm not an expert so I don't really know the answer to that. Some Parat's were made in Germany and some were made in England. I inherited mine from my (now passed) father in law and like yours it says "Made in England". I'm in Canada so I don't really understand how he came to be in possession of it but I've seen it mentioned online that they were sold both in UK and Europe.

But, my understanding is that a Rocket with a Brit Pat 694093, the II and the knob exactly same diameter as the handle is a Parat.

Honestly I'm not an expert so I don't really know the answer to that. Some Parat's were made in Germany and some were made in England. I inherited mine from my (now passed) father in law and like yours it says "Made in England". I'm in Canada so I don't really understand how he came to be in possession of it but I've seen it mentioned online that they were sold both in UK and Europe.

But, my understanding is that a Rocket with a Brit Pat 694093, the II and the knob exactly same diameter as the handle is a Parat.
It seems a lot of the TTO’s that made it to Canada were English, rather than US. I actually don’t recall ever seeing a Canadian TTO. Where’s @tonich?

It seems a lot of the TTO’s that made it to Canada were English, rather than US. I actually don’t recall ever seeing a Canadian TTO. Where’s @tonich?
True dat!
You mostly see the English Rocket/Aristocrat Jr razor exported for sale in Canada in the bellow sets (Case and blades made in Canada!):

proxy.php

Top Bottom