What's new

Volunteers needed to evaluate new scent!

Sign_up_Now.jpeg

This is open to the first ten to respond. Here is what you need to do: Post "PM sent" here in this thread. Once there are ten of these responses with "PM sent" that concludes it. Due to shipping expense this is CONUS only please.

Then send your address to: [email protected]
When you do, please include your screen name here on B&B.

The Captain has been at work on this scent for a time and is ready to see what you all think about it. Once you receive your sample please come to this thread and post your feedback. I am looking for candor, you aren't going to hurt any feelings here. If you like it, say so - great. If not, let's hear about it - no problem.

Thanks to each of you for your willingness to help out - much appreciated!

~ The Captain

That looks like an even ten volunteers - thanks guys! We expect to get these on the way to you today. Due to the holiday they won't go anywhere until tomorrow but look for them to arrive by the end of this week.

To be clear, this is an aftershave you will be evaluating. I did not make that clear and some are thinking it is a soap or cream or balm. Sorry for my oversight. If any of you want to take a pass, say so in order that this can be opened up to others. If you don't say anything it will be assumed you want to evaluate this proposed aftershave.

Just received my samples about an hour before my shave and so immediately used it. I have just stared using AS regularly because of the late winter and my skin drying out after my nightly shaves. The ones I have been using were witch hazel and aloe based with varying types of oils.

First impression is that the scent was pretty strong when first applying and smelled very familiar, but because I was not a regular AS user I could not pinpoint the scent immediately. I want to say Old Spice, but not sure. The good thing about the scent was that after the initial application, it toned down quickly and now a couple of hours after I shaved, I notice the scent, but it is not overpowering. Another thing I noticed was that it was lighter than the AS I been using and seemed to leave my skin dry, which would work perfect for the summer, but not now when I need to keep my face moist. After the first use, I am pretty impressed overall, but there are some limitation. I intend to continue to use it for the next week at least to really give it some time.

Face feel at application: cool, soothing, quick drydown. After dry, face feels moisturized and comfortable

Scent is pleasant and familiar.

SWMBO gave it a mmmmmm....

2 hours later, scent is still present.

I like this scent and performance and would purchase.

February 24th
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Feather ProGuard (24)
Soap/cream: Regiment High and Tight
Brush: Envy Shave Ute Brush
Aftershave1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave2: Capt Choice Tester Aftershave

Well this is first impressions I'll post more on longevity in the days to come.

Out of the bottle at first I thought barbershop? Then back for more... Nope there is Vetiver in there like a fresh Vetiver, and maybe some citrus. Is the Capt. playing with scents now that are more complex? I think so. And that is not a big on his other scents I own quite a few and love them!

Upon application I really smelled citrus but not sure if my nose was playing tricks on me. Now 2 hours later I smell green like a faint Vetiver or maybe fern. But I wish it was stronger. I'll post more on longevity but initial impression is it dies down too quickly.

More in the days to come. And then I'll answer other questions such as would I buy etc.

IMG_20180223_202810.jpg

Top Bottom