What's new

My first pair of Allen Edmonds

I have about a dozen pair of AE shoes. It's a small addition fed by the fact that I live 15 minutes from their mothership in Port Washington, WI.

All have withstood the worst that Midwest weather can throw at them. Use a shoe tree when you're done wearing them, polish them up once in a while, and they'll give you years of service.

Sounds like a good price on a classic shoe. I wish I could buy a pair of their loafers , but have a long narrow foot and would have to try them on before purchasing. I do have 10-12 pair of lace ups, a couple woven ventilated for summer and some of the high top shoes/ dress boots. Wear them, keep the leather clean and polished/ use shoe trees and allow them to rest for a day or two after wearing and they will last a long long time. I have one pair of wing tips that are almost 25 years old and still look good.

They won’t be your last pair. I have and have had many pairs and usually purchase them during clearance sales or when I make it to their jeffersonville outlet. Unlike most when they’re worn out I purchase new instead of recrafting them simply because the price is to close between the two.

Sounds like a good price on a classic shoe. I wish I could buy a pair of their loafers , but have a long narrow foot and would have to try them on before purchasing. I do have 10-12 pair of lace ups, a couple woven ventilated for summer and some of the high top shoes/ dress boots. Wear them, keep the leather clean and polished/ use shoe trees and allow them to rest for a day or two after wearing and they will last a long long time. I have one pair of wing tips that are almost 25 years old and still look good.

You should always try on AE shoes anyway as their sizing from shoe to shoe can be inconsistent.

You should always try on AE shoes anyway as their sizing from shoe to shoe can be inconsistent.
I agree with loafers. With their oxfords, bluchers, and boots (high top shoes) I have a few styles, lasts that I can order and always know that they will fit, at least that's been the case for the last 30 years for me.

Top Bottom