What's new

FEBRUARY 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a new to me Schick B2 repeater. I will need to clean it up this weekend and give it a spin. It looks to be in great condition and should really shine. I just like the style and loading mechanism of this deco design. It looks like it may be an aggressive shave like my E2.

IMG_8599.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

Excellent score, Steve!
Thanks Ron. She really shines after I gave her a thorough cleaning. I had to work early today, so I will shave later this afternoon for the first time with it and I am looking forward to it. The loading mechanism works flawless even with “modern” injector blades. Should be a fun and smart looking addition to the den!
Steve

It's been a while since I've tried a new razor. Rockwell shut down production last year to do maintenance on their molds, but their razors are available now. So hear it goes. I'd also like to thank Chris for the nice deal on the 50 Silver Blues. I hope you are feeling OK, bro.
DSCN1967[1].JPG

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've tried a new razor. Rockwell shut down production last year to do maintenance on their molds, but their razors are available now. So hear it goes. I'd also like to thank Chris for the nice deal on the 50 Silver Blues. I hope you are feeling OK, bro. View attachment 862012
Hope you like the Rockwell, Pat. I love the 6S.

Few scores before I forget this month... Gillette New Long Comb from @REV579, 2 new lather bowls and 2 vintage Pure Badger brushes. One is Erskine and the other is an Ever ready 300PBT. Both were awesome once cleaned and de-funked, but VERY different from each other. The ER is a tiny knot that blooms big and let's lather flow through and release lather great! The Erskine is dense and holds a ton of water!

Almost forgot, Skin Bracer Burnished Leather and Seaforth Spiced Cologne.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Hope you like the Rockwell, Pat. I love the 6S.
Thanks Ron. I am waiting until Saturday to use it. What do you think about the bead blast finish? That is one thing about the 6s that has gotten mixed reviews. I like it more than I thought I would.

Just in, the only thing from Timeless that I can afford - their new plastic lather bowl
Also the Captain's Choice mystery scent known only as V-EF 209. Both came in time for tonight's shave.
DSC01999.JPG

Thanks Ron. I am waiting until Saturday to use it. What do you think about the bead blast finish? That is one thing about the 6s that has gotten mixed reviews. I like it more than I thought I would.
I've always liked the matte finish of the 6S and the knurling is quite comfortable to me so I'd say the bead blast finish created a winning product. As I've mentioned before, the Rockwell is one of my top three razors, the others being the Timeless and the Blackland Blackbird. I've used the Rockwell more, with the Timeless OC running close behind.

Few scores before I forget this month... Gillette New Long Comb from @REV579, 2 new lather bowls and 2 vintage Pure Badger brushes. One is Erskine and the other is an Ever ready 300PBT. Both were awesome once cleaned and de-funked, but VERY different from each other. The ER is a tiny knot that blooms big and let's lather flow through and release lather great! The Erskine is dense and holds a ton of water!

Almost forgot, Skin Bracer Burnished Leather and Seaforth Spiced Cologne.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Nice acquisitions, Jerad. I like that Seaforth cologne!

Loving this Mozingo handle w/ Nathan Clark envy white knot in it that just came in (purchased off one of the other boards). This knot is awesome, second one that I have but I like this handle better than my other one.

2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom