What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

For an online site that seems reasonable. I'm cheap and don't go over $5-$10 U.S. dollars at an antique store. Let's if it's a yard sale. The majority of my razors are under $10 U.S. dollars. Although if something catches my eye I may go over.
Thanks. The added incentive for me was that the seller was in Australia and that the postage costs were minimal compared to overseas sellers.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
It's been a Fatipulous day! :001_smile
My nickel plated Fatip Classic (1980's) arrived from Turin Italy. It has 12 teeth instead of the 11 teeth that both Mk1 and Mk2 Fatips have. 1980's Fatips are not easy to come by.
rsz_003 (4).jpg
rsz_005 (3).jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's been a Fatipulous day! :001_smile
My nickel plated Fatip Classic (1980's) arrived from Turin Italy. It has 12 teeth instead of the 11 teeth that both Mk1 and Mk2 Fatips have. 1980's Fatips are not easy to come by.
View attachment 855903 View attachment 855904

You are assembling an amazing Fatip collection, Rave. We might even say it is becoming an Amazing Fatip Collection.

I love the newest razor. What cap does it have?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You are assembling an amazing Fatip collection, Rave. We might even say it is becoming an Amazing Fatip Collection.

I love the newest razor. What cap does it have?

Happy shaves,

Jim
It has a 19mm cap like the Mk2. Unlike the Mk2 cap it is much thinner, so it has a thin cap more akin to the Old Type. Which makes the shaving head a thinner head than both the Fatip Mk1 and the Mk2. The base plate seems as thick as any other Fatip

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It has a 19mm cap like the Mk2. Unlike the Mk2 cap it is much thinner, so it has a thin cap more akin to the Old Type. Which makes the shaving head a thinner head than both the Fatip Mk1 and the Mk2. The base plate seems as thick as any other Fatip

Interesting. Shave report pretty soon, I'd guess.

Happy shaves,

Jim

i got the Travalong, it is about the sized of a blade bank, but only about 2/3 the thickness.

proxy.php

it is very compact
proxy.php

and can hold several spare blades, whiled storing one in the head as well.
proxy.php

once together it was actually a surprisingly good shaver, although very light in the hand.
proxy.php

i got the Travalong, it is about the sized of a blade bank, but only about 2/3 the thickness.

proxy.php

it is very compact
proxy.php

and can hold several spare blades, whiled storing one in the head as well.
proxy.php

once together it was actually a surprisingly good shaver, although very light in the hand.
proxy.php

How interesting! I have never seen such a razor and handle.
Is this handle stable and comfortable enough to shave with?

How interesting! I have never seen such a razor and handle.
Is this handle stable and comfortable enough to shave with?
Actually i was not bad for a right hander. It has that odd twist when assembled,but feels pretty natural when shaving. The head seems to hold the blade fairly flat, but i thought it worked really well.
The length when assembled was similar to a farboy.
proxy.php

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
There are some days you just can do no wrong.....

This morning, I saw a sign announcing an estate sale as I was on the way to meet a friend for breakfast. Being early, I followed the signs (like the Burma-Shave signs of old) to the estate sale.

When I asked how much she wanted for the two razors, the lady holding the sale asked me if $50 was too much..... Need I say more? This is what I bought:

View attachment 854469 View attachment 854470 View attachment 854471 View attachment 854473

View attachment 854449 View attachment 854450 View attachment 854451 View attachment 854452 View attachment 854453 View attachment 854454

I have not cleaned them yet.... they were this pristine!

Cheers,
Kevin
Boom!
The not so red Gillette Red Tip
Nice!
FINALLY ,It took Me sometime to find a Beauty like this one.
Great Price ,Great Shape. All I need to do is shine Her Up View attachment 854646 View attachment 854647 View attachment 854648
Congrats, Buddy!
#13 arrived and it better than I could have hoped for! Dang near unused if the plating is any indication...
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Happy with this one
proxy.php
Another one!!!!
These arrived in the mail today...can't wait to get home and get my hands on them!

View attachment 854727
Sweet!
I bought this for $8.50. It's gotta be brand new, unused. Sadly, the seller was completely careless and just threw all three loose pieces together in some bubble wrap and stuck them in a padded envelope, so the bottom plate has some slight scratches on it from the shipping (hardly noticeable but I could just strangle her, ugh!). Anyway, otherwise gorgeous.
View attachment 854739 View attachment 854740 View attachment 854741 View attachment 854742 View attachment 854743 View attachment 854744 View attachment 854745 View attachment 854746
Still beautiful!
I also picked up this silver toned Star in mint condition to match my goldwash star (same model, also in mint condition). I'll post photos of them side by side in the case they're going in. I intend to leave them there permanently and buy a user grade for shaving.
View attachment 854748 View attachment 854749 View attachment 854750 View attachment 854751 View attachment 854752
It's like new!
One fine day - these two rarities both went through Danish customs unnoticed, and from opposite sides of the world literally!

The very nice 1958 rhodium handle Rocket TV Special came all the way from downunder, and the magnificient Apollo Mikron - the new undisputed queen of my den - came by the grace of fortune from a new friend in the US. I need to pick up the courage to try it out, it is absolutely breathtaking.

View attachment 855266 View attachment 855267
Stunning.....
Today was a good day!!!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome scores!

My family celebrated Christmas late this year, since my wife's nephew was deployed to Afghanistan. Back in December I helped my sister-in-law's husband with a computer problem and as we celebrated Christmas today, he handed me a box all wrapped up. Took me off guard, since, adults don't exchange gifts with each other. We just buy for the kids.

Here is what was inside:

proxy.php

A Merkur 34C and a blade sample pack!

Talk about being blown away!

Every razor I own is a vintage Gillette. This is my first modern razor.

Very excited!

I think I need to pay him back with a bowl and brush set and some Proraso the next time I see him.

Well, my wife and I went to an indoor garage sale yesterday at the Fairgrounds and found a few razors. Not as good of a haul as the last time when I found the Double Ring but I'm not complaining. My wife really liked the gold Dainty Miss razor, she thinks it's cute. She's also happy to get another Lady Gillette, she now has 6 of them. I was happy to find the SEs, a mint 1914 and a near mint 1924, the case is also in excellent condition.

20180127_135245.jpg

Well, my wife and I went to an indoor garage sale yesterday at the Fairgrounds and found a few razors. Not as good of a haul as the last time when I found the Double Ring but I'm not complaining. My wife really liked the gold Dainty Miss razor, she thinks it's cute. She's also happy to get another Lady Gillette, she now has 6 of them. I was happy to find the SEs, a mint 1914 and a near mint 1924, the case is also in excellent condition.

View attachment 856457
Very nice! Those SEs are sweet looking, as well as the 1914 case! You have some good shaves on the way.

Congrats!

My Aristocrat obsession continues! :a17:
A #15 in Rhodium, and a no wing pre #15 in Sterling Silver. The no wing is in exceptional condition, but unfortunately no case. Probably the most aggressive TTO I’ve used.
FFCC860F-1546-4AAE-B791-57E8354A5FB8.jpeg

Top Bottom