What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

4/8 J A Henickel Z Willinswel With MOP
Had a lovely Shave with my recently acquired Henickel
rps20180117_230807_495.jpg

Thursday morning shave: Wacker "Chevalier." I didn't know what to think of this silly little razor at first, but the more I use it, the better I like it. It just might find a permanent home in my den.

1.18.18Wacker.jpg

That's my kind of razor. Simple, functional, clean design, great craftsmanship! Yeah, I like this one!
Then you Bob, so do I.
Thursday morning shave: Wacker "Chevalier." I didn't know what to think of this silly little razor at first, but the more I use it, the better I like it. It just might find a permanent home in my den.

Silly must be synonym for beautiful. English isn't my native language.

Another Swedish 4/8 near wedge. This time a Hellberg. Hellberg is the most anonymous of the larger Swedish razor makers. The etching says: Guaranteed Swedish fabrication five year warranty. The razor is most likely manufactured around 1900 so I guess that the warranty no longer is valid.

20180118_070400.jpg

Thank you Arne!!

Another Swedish 4/8 near wedge. This time a Hellberg. Hellberg is the most anonymous of the larger Swedish razor makers. The etching says: Guaranteed Swedish fabrication five year warranty. The razor is most likely manufactured around 1900 so I guess that the warranty no longer is valid.

View attachment 853514

That is one nice looking razor Arne!! and as for the 5 years you could contest it as not being dated, :lol1::lol1::lol1: But then again its beaten all the odds against it so they should give you a brand new one.

But I'm starting to like these smaller blades better.

Thank you Arne!!

That is one nice looking razor Arne!! and as for the 5 years you could contest it as not being dated, :lol1::lol1::lol1: But then again its beaten all the odds against it so they should give you a brand new one.

But I'm starting to like these smaller blades better.
Unfortunately the original company went out of business very long ago, then again there's a knife making artisan in Eskilstuna that has bought the brand name.
My experience is that once I got my technique in order my preferred razor size began to shrink. A 4/8 is very manoeuvrable and the edge is just as sharp as that of a 7/8 razor, but variety is the spice of life.

Thursday's Shave
01.18.2018 -"The Queen"
Like Arne as much as I like my collection this Lady is my favorite, but also the most deadly Siren in the Den

CVH MK *32

proxy.php

Top Bottom