What's new

JANUARY 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I came home and a late Christmas present arrived from my wife. A Dogwood Handcrafts - Aurora Shaving Brush - 24mm Dia Tan Maggard Synth Knot and a Sample of Noble Otter Soap Co. Flying Hide.
Steve

View attachment 852377
View attachment 852378
View attachment 852379

That is a spiffy brush, Steve. Like the coordinated color of the knot. I had a shave with a passaround sample of the Noble Otter Flying Hide back in late October. As I recall, I liked its performance.

In the mail. Should be here Friday. Love my Big Bruce. Looking forward to this brush. F400 Razorock brush
proxy.php

I think you'll like that brush. I recently got one with the butterscotch handle and noir knot. It really feels good in the hand and the knot has decent backbone and is soft.

Arrived today: 3 YAQI brushes
I call these "Red Devil" - "Milkyway" - "Woody Trophy"
I mainly bought the black fibers because I don't want my precious brushes to be discoloured by my dark brown soaps/creams. And I find these handles beautiful. Sorry for the bad quality of this picture.

proxy.php

Arrived today: 3 YAQI brushes
I call these "Red Devil" - "Milkyway" - "Woody Trophy"
I mainly bought the black fibers because I don't want my precious brushes to be discoloured by my dark brown soaps/creams. And I find these handles beautiful. Sorry for the bad quality of this picture.

proxy.php
Those are sharp looking brushes!

Thanks. I am cleaning it today, will give it a try tomorrow. I do not know the date of manufacture yet. It would be cool to shave with a razor that predates automobiles, flight, etc.

Mail call today from Maggards. I got 4 handles and 4 heads, all mix and match. The 4 stainless steel handles are MR1, MR7, MR8 and MR9. The 4 heads are the V3, Closed, V2, Open, V3A, Aggressive, and Slant. The Maggard handles and heads are also compatible with Mühle and Edwin Jagger, so those can also be added to the mix. I want to try the Maggards MR8 with the Mühle R89 Head. I also picked up Omega, Cella and Soap Commander Integrity aftershaves and 3 more sample aftershaves.

Last edited:
Mail call today from Maggards. I got 4 handles and 4 heads, all mix and match. The 4 stainless steel handles are MR1, MR7, MR8 and MR9. The 4 heads are the V3, Closed, V2, Open, V3A, Aggressive, and Slant. The Maggard handles and heads are also compatible with Mühle and Edwin Jagger, so those can also be added to the mix. I want to try the Maggards MR8 with the Mühle R89 Head. I also picked up Omega, Cella and Soap Commander Integrity aftershaves and 3 more sample aftershaves.

Very nice haul. I've a fondness for the Maggard handles, having at least 9 of them. Also I have all their heads except for the slant. By far, I like the V3A best.

Scheduled to deliver tomorrow. 15/16 W Greaves Sheaf Works Wedge.

Likely going to send it to Alfredo
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice haul. I've a fondness for the Maggard handles, having at least 9 of them. Also I have all their heads except for the slant. By far, I like the V3A best.

These all seem really high quality. I was very happy with the MR8 when I used it this morning. It's a big handle, and it gives fairly loud audio feedback, both of which I like. If I get one more from them, it will be the MR18 in black.

Last edited:
The score. I just found this sub-forum and I think it's a great idea. so I walked into the flea Mart well more like antique shop with glass cases,
20180119_105029.jpg
as I begin to look around specifically for straight razors this was my score. It came with a little leather box but it doesn't have the same name brand. I'd like to take up straight razor shaving so I thought this $9 investment might get me started.

The score. I just found this sub-forum and I think it's a great idea. so I walked into the flea Mart well more like antique shop with glass cases, View attachment 853783 as I begin to look around specifically for straight razors this was my score. It came with a little leather box but it doesn't have the same name brand. I'd like to take up straight razor shaving so I thought this $9 investment might get me started.

Red Injuns are great shavers. The bevel looks very uniform as well. Great score, for $9 nonetheless. I’ll give you $10 for it!

First SE razor. Almost new condition. Verdict on the shave will be tomorrow as a morning straight shave took care of things for today.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom