What's new

My Guess... 3017

I decided to jump on the wagon this week. I have been interested joining the 3017 thread but have been in favor of the daily variety my different soaps offer. Now I look to go through my stash of 15+ soaps and creams one by one. And hopefully continuing to 3017 future purchases to fully gauge and enjoy what each soap has to offer.

So I begin this journey with an old tub of Cella I purchased a few years ago when I first began wetshaving. It probably has about 75% life and I took it out of the little red tub and mashed it into a old Mikes container. Which should allow me to load the soap a lot easier. Looking forward to the 3017 journey.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! I'm approaching 2 years of 3017ing and while I haven't be able to resist the temptation of buying more I have knocked out about 14 soaps in that time period. Some have surprised me with how good they are once I dial them in thru daily use, some have fallen by the wayside due to discovering they just weren't as good as I thought they were. It is a great method to get the most out of your soaps/creams. Have fun!

MB, The Club, is starting to disappear.

upload_2017-12-13_10-28-55.png

strop

Now half as wise
My Arko stick grated into a bowl is still going strong. It has virtually no scent, since it spent the last 2 years unwrapped in the closet! It should get me to the first of the year if it doesn't start to break apart.

Welcome aboard! I'm approaching 2 years of 3017ing and while I haven't be able to resist the temptation of buying more I have knocked out about 14 soaps in that time period. Some have surprised me with how good they are once I dial them in thru daily use, some have fallen by the wayside due to discovering they just weren't as good as I thought they were. It is a great method to get the most out of your soaps/creams. Have fun!
I'm down to 12 soaps, and 6 creams. I'm not 3017ing anything but I try to use them for a week at a time before I move on to the next soap, or cream. Lately I've been buying samples instead of full soaps, or creams. That way I can still try different stuff while keeping the cost, and inventory amount down.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I decided to jump on the wagon this week. I have been interested joining the 3017 thread but have been in favor of the daily variety my different soaps offer. Now I look to go through my stash of 15+ soaps and creams one by one. And hopefully continuing to 3017 future purchases to fully gauge and enjoy what each soap has to offer.

So I begin this journey with an old tub of Cella I purchased a few years ago when I first began wetshaving. It probably has about 75% life and I took it out of the little red tub and mashed it into a old Mikes container. Which should allow me to load the soap a lot easier. Looking forward to the 3017 journey.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Finally, finally, I did it. MdC Fougere bites the dust after 122 BBS 4 pass shaves. I know many of you would get a lot more from MdC but I load heavy and could not have been happier with the performance and the scent of this great soap. I did not have one less than great shave with this soap. Very consistent and pleasant to use. It actually worked out to be the same cost per shave that I get from many artisan soaps such as L&L, B&M, etc. at around .46/shave. The soap retained its consistency and scent right down to the bottom glass of the jar.

Finally, finally, I did it. MdC Fougere bites the dust after 122 BBS 4 pass shaves. I know many of you would get a lot more from MdC but I load heavy and could not have been happier with the performance and the scent of this great soap. I did not have one less than great shave with this soap. Very consistent and pleasant to use. It actually worked out to be the same cost per shave that I get from many artisan soaps such as L&L, B&M, etc. at around .46/shave. The soap retained its consistency and scent right down to the bottom glass of the jar.

Well played Sir. I’m working through a jar of Agrumes. Fantastic!

I’m ready to throw my hat in the ring starting tomorrow. I have too many soaps in a random rotation (for me). Time to thin the herd, and I’m eyeing the weakest of the bunch: a puck of
Haslinger Schafmilch with about 20 shaves on it. Let’s go!
2B60ACBA-0BDE-4589-8575-D0E095BF1AA8.jpeg

Nice work! I have seen the comments that MdC lasts forever so knocking this out in this timeframe is an impressive feat. Getting 120 awesome shaves in a row is evidence you are doing something right.

... MdC Fougere bites the dust after 122 BBS 4 pass shaves. ... It actually worked out to be the same cost per shave that I get from many artisan soaps such as L&L, B&M, etc. at around .46/shave.

That prompted me to figure the cost per shave of the tub of Cella I finished recently. I used 1.12 grams per shave at $0.08 / gram, for an average of $0.09 per shave.

Don't feel bad. I got 73 shaves out of my first jar of MdC. I'll be starting a new jar of Fougere in the new year, and we'll see how far I get with it.

I am also coming to the conclusion that Mystic Water is the finest artisan soap in production.

When I started my jar of MdC agrumes a few weeks ago I was having trouble with the lather being too dense and lacking slickness. I was only loading a damp 24 mm synthetic for 30 seconds and after a few days realized I was loading way too heavy.

15 seconds on a well shaken brush is more than enough for 3-4 passes. Now that I have loading down it seems I barely use any soap at all, yet the shaves have been fantastic. About 20 - 25 shaves in the jar and I barely see any progress. This has to be a 4-6 month soap for me. I cannot fathom how I could use it any more quickly.

Don't feel bad. I got 73 shaves out of my first jar of MdC. I'll be starting a new jar of Fougere in the new year, and we'll see how far I get with it.

I am also coming to the conclusion that Mystic Water is the finest artisan soap in production.

Awesome, your the first shaver to make me feel like a soap miser.

Remember that the original goal of 3017 was to kill the soaps, so we loaded them like we hated them. You get some great lathers, but it wastes soap.

My soap in my tub of MB The Club is starting to show substantial wear. The whole is growing and it looks as if I will be starting another soap soon.

upload_2017-12-16_11-11-48.png

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I transferred some P.160 into SWMBO's finished Secret deo container (after cleaning it out, of course). Wow, that's a much bigger container with a much larger surface area than the glue stick container I was using.

Top Bottom