What's new

Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve and Vanilla performance?

So I ordered some special reserve and vanilla. Smell aside, do these perform as well as regular Clubman? For whatever reason regular classic Clubman agrees with my skin very well.

Although I'm not usually a fan of tobacco scents, I've heard that used to describe the Special Reserve.
It's one of my favorites and unique in my scent selection.
I also like the vanilla but not as much as all the other Clubman varieties.
To answer your question, however, they all provide, for me, a consistently fine level of performance.

Special Reserve is like Original. Strong and a lot of hang time, lasting for hours.

Vanilla comes on very strong but settles into a very subtle scent after an hour.

If you read the bottle, SR says its an aftershave cologne.

I use it a lot and it lasts longer than Clubman, but it's still an aftershave.

All of the Pinaud scents are worth a try IMO (even the Veg and I am NOT among the chosen). That said, my favorite is Clubman, followed by SR (which lasts longer for me).

Clubman Original A/S gives me 3 hours.

Compared to that, SR is longer on me, Vanilla is shorter, their Musk is about the same.
Of the four SR is my fav. Love the burnt, smokey note. Very dark.

Both are long lasting and treat your face the same. All in all, very safe choices as long as you dig the scent. SR isn't for everyone, but I really enjoy it as well. Pairs very nicely with Aramis original, but apply sparingly. They're both quite powerful.

So I tried the Special Reserve for the first time last night. Performance was on par with Original Clubman. So that's great. That smell, though. Not quite sure what to make of it. I like it, but it is strong. It is manly as hell that's for sure.

Definitely get the leather, tobacco thing. Ill have to use it a few more times to really appreciate it I think.

The scents I use the most are The Veg, SR, Vanilla and Clubman. All are great and provide a long lasting scent (longer than most aftershaves).

Someone said “burnt” smell for the SR?

Is the smell like smoked cigars or like unlit leaf? I’d hate to go around smelling like a smoker (no offense to anyone who does).

IMO, the best way to appreciate SR is to mix up a batch of Bootleggers' El Dorado. Smooth and masculine as anything you'll smack on a freshly shaved face.

The scents I use the most are The Veg, SR, Vanilla and Clubman. All are great and provide a long lasting scent (longer than most aftershaves).
Those are the exact same four Clubman scents I have! I still need to try the Musk...

Is the smell like smoked cigars or like unlit leaf? I’d hate to go around smelling like a smoker (no offense to anyone who does).
My opinion - I think it's more of the sweet smelling tobacco flower smell. To me, it doesn't smell like cigars or cigarettes at all.

To my nose it reminds me of burnt tobacco ash. It's not offensive - just really dark and mysterious.
For a fresh tobacco leaf smell try vintage Avon Oland.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
IMO, the best way to appreciate SR is to mix up a batch of Bootleggers' El Dorado. Smooth and masculine as anything you'll smack on a freshly shaved face.

+1 No better way to get the best from both Pinaud's Special Reserve and the Classic Vanilla at the same time.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Love and use all the Pinauds (minus the Veg, of course) and add a little glycerin to each bottle.

You just pull out the little diffuser with a needle nose.

AA

Top Bottom