What's new

Think I’m Done Buying Creams...

I’ve been just about a cream-only guy since I started wet shaving. I liked the ease of use and performance vs. any of the many soaps I tried.....until now...

Why the change of heart? Innovation. The new croaps from two soap artisans have blown most of my creams totally out of the water. These new croaps are soft and nearly as easy to use as any cream. And their performance is nothing short breathtaking....at least for me. Cushioning, protective, slick, moisturizing and an incredible post-shave feeling and softness.

Who are they? They are...Not in any order of preference...
WhollyKow (Donkey Milk base)
Grooming Department (Vegan or Tallow base)

What to get? I’d make a choice solely on fragrance preference from the above two artisans. You can’t go wrong.

Two only creams remaining in my den are my two personal top performers.....AdP and Wm. Neumann & Co. Old Fashioned Soda.

As always.....YMMV...

While I'm mostly a soap person, I still use the creams, or the 3 or 4 I have. On mornings that need a quick face lather, it's there's no faster substitute for rubbing me cream on my face and taking a wet synthetic to it. - Proraso Green, Red, Old-Spice, and Palmolive all lather lightning quick that way, leaving plenty in the brush for any additional passes.

Other than that, it's all soaps. By the way, Razorock's new What the Puck load and lather nearly as quickly. Surprisingly easy for a hard triple milled soap.

I’ll use both soaps and creams , I generally prefer soaps but I’ll get into a little Castle Forbes or XPEC every once in a while.

I tend to prefer my soaps and creams based upon brand. So with TOBS I prefer their creams and have a bunch of them. I also have some Proraso and Musgo Real creams. For soaps I tend towards Stirling right now. I also have Haslinger and MWF. I’m looking at trying some Van Yulay and Mystic Water soaps.

I have used mostly creams up until now but just picked up two Fine soaps, Fresh Vetiver and Italian Citrus with the matching AS that I will be trying out over the Holidays.

Started off with just creams, but once I got into soaps a few years ago, that is almost all I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was all creams myself for years until recently when I popped back on the boards and read about all these new artisan soaps. Simply amazing

Was same situation. For DE almost exclusively grooming department these days with some wholly kaw donkey milk. However for straight shave the xpec and abc are superiour for all but post shave and really shine. Also like cremes for travel although experimenting with home made gm and wk sticks

Still have some cremes but rarely use them otherwise

I spent 2017 shaving with creams only; mostly AoS, Salter, CF, and SJoL. Prior to that I used many different artisan soaps. I shave with a straight every day, have for years. The creams I've enjoyed were equal, if not superior, to the soaps I've used in the past.

Top Bottom