What's new

Razor ID - MORRIS FRANK

I picked up an open comb 3 piece. The only markings say Morris Frank. I did google the name Morris Frank and Apparently Morris Frank is a name in the history books regarding seeing eye dogs. He did have a facility about 20 miles from my house since 1965 to his death in 1980. Could this a engraved razor for him? Has anyone ever heard of wealthy people having their razors engraved?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    472.4 KB · Views: 49
Has anyone ever heard of wealthy people having their razors engraved?

I've got a Gillette Aristocrat 1934 with initials engraved into the top part of the handle, and I've seen others with similar markings, so the answer is definitely "yes". Nice looking razor you have there, by the way. As you probably know, it's a Gillette Old type or, more likely going by the lack of appropriate markings, a clone. It was probably made well before the 1960s.

Much thanks and I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin in the morning. I wish there was a way to verify the theory.

image.jpeg
Almost forgot to point this out . When I flipped the head over I quickly learned that there was no arch at all on the head. Additionally, the bottom part of the cap is flat which it would need to be since it married up with the head. I have never seen this, has anyone. It shaves extremely efficient. The only upsetting thing is it has a few bent teeth other then that issue it might be my dear razor.

View attachment 839518 Almost forgot to point this out . When I flipped the head over I quickly learned that there was no arch at all on the head. Additionally, the bottom part of the cap is flat which it would need to be since it married up with the head. I have never seen this, has anyone. It shaves extremely efficient. The only upsetting thing is it has a few bent teeth other then that issue it might be my dear razor.

Hi, this is not a Gillette razor. It is most likely German. There should be a patent date inscription on the smooth band above the ball end, if it were a Gillette. But even if there was, this is not a Gillette head. It would be conceivable that a Gillette handle were used as a replacement handle, but the head is non Gillette.

Top Bottom