What's new

Weber’s and Grabow’s

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 837586

Here are my graybows. The top right was my first pipe. I sold 4 of them (both bulldogs top left, the bottom left carved omega, and the second from top right). The omegas are kinda a well pipe with military mount. I like them alot. Probably my favorite newer dr graybows. The omega in the middle of the three has been modified. Removed the lacquer and some of the stain then waxed. The others are their adjustomatic stems that screw on and works very well.

View attachment 837587

This is my only weber. It isn't even marked weber. I assume it was sold by them abd made elsewhere. I assume its a weber because I've only ever seen one other that looks like it and it was in a weber package. Smokes good though.

Those Grabow's still look new. You've taken good care of them.

Those Grabow's still look new. You've taken good care of them.

Thanks. Some of them were kinda rough when I got them. A couple has the adjustable stems stuck. I gave them a good cleaning and reaming. Polished up the shiny bits with some 0000 steel wool and alcohol and removed any stem oxidation. They aren't perfect but they came out pretty nice. The one on the bottom right actually has a pin hole through the bowl. Found it when using a retort to clean it doh! A little pipe mud and it seems to be doing ok. I'm still building the cake back up.

When I was a kid Dad smoked Winstons and a pipe. He'd send me down to the corner store to pick up a pack of cigs. (yes, that was when it was legal to sell to kids and they would if they knew your parents...we only lived two houses away from the store) and sometimes pick up a tin of PA for him. Cigs. were twenty five cents a pack then.
I remember that. You could even tell the pharmacy guys to charge it to your mom's account (or dad's).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That's a nice collection of an American Classic there MustangMan.

Here's my meager accumulation. Dr. Grabow, MM Cob, and Dad's Yello-Bole. When I went to buy tobacco after I got Dad's pipe cleaned up...it had been so long since I bought pipe tobacco that I was looking for a TIN of Prince Albert. :lol:

Smoking a bit of Carter Hall in the Yello-Bole right now...it still smokes well.

View attachment 837677
Ah, Prince Albert in a can. I hope you let him out.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ah, Prince Albert in a can. I hope you let him out.

Yeah...I did the phone pranks to the corner store with that, on the rotary phone...they always said that they did have Prince Albert in a can.

I think they knew who was calling. :biggrin1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yeah...I did the phone pranks to the corner store with that, on the rotary phone...they always said that they did have Prince Albert in a can.

I think they knew who was calling. :biggrin1:
Is your refrigerator running? :) Ah, the good old days.

I dig Grabby's, don't know much about Webers. If they're drilled right, and sometimes even if they aren't, they'll smoke as well or better than a Dunny. In my not so "h" o.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Of the several pipes inherited from my father there's at least one each of Dr Graybow, a Medico and a Yellowbowl. They are nothing fancy but solid smokers. He also had nicer pipes, but nothing high dollar.

I live about 30 min away from the Grabow factory. Too bad I never made it by there before they discontinued their factory tours.

Top Bottom