What's new

Good light cigars?

Just wanted some recommendations for good light cigars, that don't smell terrible. I'm already going to try a couple Acids (Kuba Kuba and Nasty). Any non-flavored cigs that don't stink the place up?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Never came across a hand rolled Cigar that didn’t stink up the place IMO. The lighter EMS wrappers seem to be less pungent but they still stink according to my wife.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If you are smoking indoors, all cigars will smell, if you want a light bodied cigar Macanudo, and Helix are a good start.

I really enjoy drew estates Isle Del Sol cigars. The end has a light sugar coating to deliver a touch of sweet. Burns very light and enjoyable for any purpose. Shouldn't be more than $5-6 a stick either.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just wanted some recommendations for good light cigars, that don't smell terrible. I'm already going to try a couple Acids (Kuba Kuba and Nasty). Any non-flavored cigs that don't stink the place up?

Might want to rethink the Acid Nasty if you're looking for a light, good tasting cigar. I have smoked a few different cigars in my time that I didn't care for and still, smoked the rest of them up anyway.

Have given a few cigars away in my time that I didn't care for. Purchased 5 Nasties a few years back. Smoked one, threw the other 4 away. Only time I have ever thrown brand new cigars away.

Acid named them correctly. :)

As the others have said, any cigars are going to be at least a bit stinky. But for the lighter end of the spectrum, you'll probably want to explore Connecticut's.
Mark Twain's a decent inexpensive connecticut and I always enjoyed the Rocky Patel Connecticut as well.

I have also heard from others that the Drew Estate Isle Del Sol cigars smell really decent and they taste good as well. I am not a fan of Acid cigars they taste strange to me but some of my favorite cigars are the AJ Fernandez New World, and the Blanco Nine which are not light cigars.

I am not a fan of Acid cigars they taste strange to me but some of my favorite cigars are the AJ Fernandez New World, and the Blanco Nine which are not light cigars.

Acids are not respected at all among cigar smokers. Most serious cigar smokers think they are total garbage, and would never smoke them.

You would take a lot of flack from the regulars for smoking an Acid at my local shop.

The couple I have had the displeasure of smoking tasted like smoking incense. Unbelievably foul experience.

My recommendation for a light stick would be a Brickhouse Connecticut. Mild, great flavor, and decently priced at around $6.

Cigars will stink up your house, it's what cigars do. I don't think there are any cigars out there that won't leave behind a cigar smell in the house; the smell does tend to linger as well.

One of the best Connecticut cigars I've had was a "leaf by oscar". They also come in some richer flavors too. Very smooth and tasty. The cigar is wrapped with a full tobacco leaf too which I thought was neat!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Acids are not respected at all among cigar smokers. Most serious cigar smokers think they are total garbage, and would never smoke them.

You would take a lot of flack from the regulars for smoking an Acid at my local shop.

The couple I have had the displeasure of smoking tasted like smoking incense. Unbelievably foul experience.

They aren't for everyone but only snobs care what other people enjoy.

My recommendation for a light stick would be a Brickhouse Connecticut. Mild, great flavor, and decently priced at around $6.

Cigars will stink up your house, it's what cigars do. I don't think there are any cigars out there that won't leave behind a cigar smell in the house; the smell does tend to linger as well.
Dude!!!!!?
Are you serious?????
I've been smoking cigars for about 30. I'm a pretty serious cigar guy! I happen to enjoy the Kuba Kuba very much!
You should look for better customers!!

This is a gentleman’s group you should keep your snobbery to yourself.

Chill brothers, smoke what you like and like what you smoke.
To the OP, can't go wrong with original Macanudo or Don Diego's. I prefer the JR Cigar knock-offs of those blends for the $

One of the best Connecticut cigars I've had was a "leaf by oscar". They also come in some richer flavors too. Very smooth and tasty. The cigar is wrapped with a full tobacco leaf too which I thought was neat!

I have to second this one! I was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried one. I'll also second the opinion that Acids are garbage. Don't ruin your pallet with that thing. If is one of the few sticks I have ever tossed after only a few puffs.

I got some Perdomo Connecticuts. They are nice, but I don't think cigars are for me. It was a fun thing to try, though.

I’ve dabbled with cigars since 05..
Got serious with Cubans circa 07-10 then kids started coming and I haven’t bought a box since 2013.

Anyhow like said above Acid cigars r kind of frowned upon in the BOTL community. I smoked a few back in the 90’s and the ones I smoked weren’t horrendous just seemed like an expensive Black n Mild.

I think what you are looking for is a Backwoods type of cigar. A good friend of mine who also has dabbled in Cubans for yrs now brought over a little 5 pack of Backwoods Whiskey something or other flavored cigars.

They smelled like pipe tobacco.
Not a bad little bad cigar.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I wouldn’t consider a person a BOTL if he would frown upon a fellow smoker based upon what type of cigar he likes to smoke. In a day and age where non-smokers and the regulatory agencies are doing their utmost to curtail or even eradicte the smoking of the Brown Leaf, I would hope we could look past such opinions and share the comraderie that comes with our hobby.

I have been user of tobacco in one form or another for 30 years, more than 20 years of cigars, and a few with pipes. My old man was an exclusively Cuban smoker when he worked overseas and I was a lucky beneficiary of his habit. A few years back ISOMs were a little harder to come by, and the construction was always bad enough where I couldn’t reach for one without wondering if it would plug, canoe or tunnel. Maybe recent boxes are better, but with the new blends coming up from Nicaragua we don’t miss them like we thought we would.
I don’t necessarily like Acids, but I wouldn’t think less of anyone who did.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I happen to like the Acid brand. Kuba Kuba is good. And 1400cc is good.

I don't know how it stinks up the place since I smoked it outside but the La Aurora Diamond is very nice as well. It tasted light to me, very smooth.

Top Bottom