What's new

A little seafood with the turkey??

What sort of fare are you served when you dine at their place, can you take a cue from that?

Sounds like they get a kick out of pulling your chain.

dave

Turkey is but one dish (albeit the star). If one diner isn't eating turkey, especially for political reasons, can't he just avoid the turkey? I wouldn't bend over to accommodate him.

Danek, sure, but it is an entree. I am okay doing a substitute, just one that can be popped in the oven while I am carving turkey or finishing the gravy.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, looks like one of the outlaws next Thursday will not be dining on poultry. Eight years of college in pursuit of a B.S. degree has convinced him it isn't ethical to eat birds. Whatever, dude. I am willing to add a seafood entree but don't want to exert myself much. Thinking maybe a lobster tail for Prince Charming.

Anyone have a better seafood suggestion?
Rubber biscuits- if they don't bounce back, they go hungry. Bow bow bow.

I don’t accommodate picky eaters. Sounds like you can kinda take him or leave him anyways. So you’ll eat what I cook or you’ll bring something you will it.

Wham, Bam, Thank ya ma’am

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Uh... gumbo? Anybody doesn't like gumbo doesn't need to be fed at all.

When I was a kid and shrimping we would often take a nice big sow snapper, whack off the head and tail so it would fit in the oven, and stuff it like a turkey with oyster cornbread dressing, rub a little cayenne and Lawry's and other stuff on it, cover in foil and bake like a turkey.

I'll cook to my guests likes, preferences, that's my challenge, how can i blow their minds. I have no problem putting their tastes ahead of my own, i can eat to my own all the rest of the time. If i thought it was going to be a hassle i wouldn't invite them to join me for a meal.

dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The more I think of this, the more I say "nuts". I stopped eating veal a while ago, because I object to the way they are raised. However, if I went to someone's house and they were serving veal I would eat it. Mushrooms are a different story- they make me vomit.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am allergic to quite a few different foods. Also peanuts and all tree nuts. I am also an insulin dependent diabetic.
I have never ever asked anyone to change their menu for me or prepare a special meal for me.
I cooked breakfast once for in laws who were spending a weekend and my brother in law asked my wife (his sister) to cook him something else because he didn’t want to eat what I had cooked. I told him he could eat what’s prepared or he could go to the store and buy himself something but there would be nothing else cooked.
I wish you luck!

Update: The Outlaws are feuding this year. A couple are off to VA, one to Jamaica, and the seafood guy has now made other plans. So it turns out there will be just one Outlaw at table. He does not eat sugar, nor seafood, but can and will attack turkey and green beans, carrots and potatoes. He will pass on the cranberry sauce and dessert. ;-)

My question is, why does he think its unethical to eat birds but will eat seafood? I could see if he decided he wants to be vegetarian or vegan but from turkey to seafood seems like a lateral move to me.

He is going elsewhere Thursday, so not my problem. Honestly, aside from real, not imagined medical issues, I don't get any of this nonsense.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Update: The Outlaws are feuding this year. A couple are off to VA, one to Jamaica, and the seafood guy has now made other plans. So it turns out there will be just one Outlaw at table. He does not eat sugar, nor seafood, but can and will attack turkey and green beans, carrots and potatoes. He will pass on the cranberry sauce and dessert. ;-)
Nothing wrong with that.

Top Bottom