What's new

Tobacquisitions - November 2017

FTFY.

Just kidding...that meer is sweet.
I was walking up to pay for the pipe and saw the gold bags. Figured I'd get some Blackpool or Woodbridge or something, had a tin of Stonehaven in my hand and looked up and saw the bag. My jaw dropped.

I love the local Tinder Box. The other one in town can go up in smoke... But this one I love.

And that pipe. Never saw anything like it so I had to have it. :)

And that pipe. Never saw anything like it so I had to have it. :)

wisely.png

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Well, one of the good/bad things about coming home from the pipe show is having seen a bunch of amazing pipes and having my appetite for nice things whetted.

So, here’s a cruddy picture of an amazing yet hard to capture in a photograph, Dr Bob Heritage grade smooth Dublin. So light. Such amazing grain, but not contrast stained so doesn’t photograph well. And absolutely stole it on eBay. And I know where it’s brother is, so I’ll be going to grab that one soon enough. :)

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great night at pipe club last night. The local rep from Scandinavia Tobacco Group was there, gave us some small freebies in a folding pipe stand and a pipe tool, and they ran a buy 2oz get 2oz free on the bulk blends. One of the really nice gents PIF'd me an ounce of a nice straight up VA blend, then I bought one of the pipes the shop's owner carved (got it for a steal, since it was also 20% off on pipe club night), and they had gotten some nice gold packages in! I got home and a certain someone sent me a "sample" of Pembroke.

IMG_20171117_0334468.jpg

Had a great night at pipe club last night. The local rep from Scandinavia Tobacco Group was there, gave us some small freebies in a folding pipe stand and a pipe tool, and they ran a buy 2oz get 2oz free on the bulk blends. One of the really nice gents PIF'd me an ounce of a nice straight up VA blend, then I bought one of the pipes the shop's owner carved (got it for a steal, since it was also 20% off on pipe club night), and they had gotten some nice gold packages in! I got home and a certain someone sent me a "sample" of Pembroke.

View attachment 838248
Wow, sounds like you have a great place to hang out!

View attachment 838248
That's a good night right there. :thumbup1:

They just keep rolling in this week. 1 pound of Vintage Syrian (was shocked to see that still in stock, so made sense to grab another pound), 8oz GH&C American Peach, tin of Miskatonic Mixture and Dreams of Kadath.

IMG_20171118_0759034.jpg

Just received some Capstan Yellow, Hamborger Veermaster, Rattray's Macbeth, and St. Bruno RR. I have yet to crack any of 'em open.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Received this Scott Thile blasted bulldog. Because Scott signs his pipes SE Thile, this was listed as a “Sethile” pipe and went for short money. Lol!

proxy.php

I really need to get around to putting in an order for some of the blends in The Old Ones series.
*cough*

SP Order:
- C&D Burley Flake #3
- C&D Burley Flake #4
- C&D Dreams of Kadath (x2)
- C&D Innsmouth (x2)
- C&D Miskatonic Mixture (x2)
- C&D Mad Fiddler Flake (x2)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Received this Scott Thile blasted bulldog. Because Scott signs his pipes SE Thile, this was listed as a “Sethile” pipe and went for short money. Lol!

proxy.php

Those are the best listings!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
They just keep rolling in this week. 1 pound of Vintage Syrian (was shocked to see that still in stock, so made sense to grab another pound), 8oz GH&C American Peach, tin of Miskatonic Mixture and Dreams of Kadath.

View attachment 838420
Part of me has been wanting to check out Vintage Syrian, but then another part of me wonders whether I want to be ordering a third MacB HH tobacco by the pound :)

Part of me has been wanting to check out Vintage Syrian, but then another part of me wonders whether I want to be ordering a third MacB HH tobacco by the pound :)
If you sit on the fence about it just a little longer and you'll not have to worry, it'll be totally sold out everywhere never to be easily or inexpensively found again over all. :)

Top Bottom